ANN: Mystic Inn

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Emmanuel, Apr 14, 2006.

1. sparkyboy

Original Member

Emmanuel = GROSSE TETE.....;)

C'est un blagg/blague Emmanuel.....Franchement ( I know how to use it in conversation Emmanuel but to spell it is a bitch.....;) )

Keep the dream alive bud

Mark.

2. Sakura Games

Original Member

Emmanuel, you're ridiculous, you and your clones.
    Soon savant will post again showing you the light! :D

3. Emmanuel

Moderator Original Member

Make that two weeks at #1 :)

Best regards,
    Emmanuel

4. Sillysoft

Indie Author

I just played some Mystic Inn and can see why it's so popular. The music and sounds are superb, and the images on the map screen introducing new stuff is a great touch. I'm not the biggest fan of the mechanic, but MI is a great version of it.

5. Tero Alatalo

Original Member

Yeah, great looking game. And anyway I wouldn't say it's a direct clone, although it obviously owns a lot to dd.

Anyway I did find the potion queue a bit funny as I could basically click it full with different potions and wouldn't have to worry about what the arcane folks ordered any more. I'm not sure if it works on higher levels though.

I am also having a few technical problems with the mouse. It's not the cursor like I noticed some of you guys complaining, it's actually worse: the game doesn't register mouse clicks at all some times. The "bonus game" is completely pointless as I literally have to click something ten times to get it.

I had some problems with Fairies too, like not being able to finish the first level at all. It always crashed at some point. Atlantis was also pretty unplayable before I noticed to turn vsync on, otherwise the game just fastforwarded though, losing the first level in less than a second or so.

Heh, this turned out to be a bug report. Anyway more testing before the release, guys :)

6. Emmanuel

And three weeks at #1 :)

Tero thanks for the report, that's weird, mouse clicks are event based so even if the game starts chugging for some reason it should still register the transitions. What machine did that occur on?

As for the potions, if you prepare only what is needed you'll get rewarded -- you get a bonus if the bar is empty when you pick up an order (or orders). We didn't want to use negative feedback.

It was nice meeting you in AMS :) (you were one of the two GameGekko guys we met there right?)

Best regards,
    Emmanuel

7. Savant

Original Member

Since you're now working for Big Fish, do you still need to constantly remind us of how your games are doing? Anyone who cares can see the Real Games list for themselves.

8. luggage

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I'd have thought you'd find it interesting as you take the stance of there being no money or future in writing "clones".

9. Savant

Original Member

There isn't any. Exceptions don't disprove the rule.

10. Emmanuel

Welcome back, Savant :)

Best regards,
    Emmanuel

#110 Emmanuel, Jul 14, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  11. Savant

Original Member

Eh, I just think it's silly. You've already worked yourself up to a position where Big Fish purchased you. You don't need to impress anymore.

12. lakibuk

Indie Author

Savant, i don't see what you are trying to achieve by forbidding professional developers to post here? Trying to lower the forum's quality to the "last-night-i-had-intercourse-with-your-mother"-level of your blog?

13. Sirrus

Original Member

Uh that fact that they were acquired by Big Fish doesn't make him any less into the indie spirit of things.

Strange, but it is _still_ exciting to see your game do well. His team is still small and there is still large personal involvement in the projects.

He started out here within IndieGamer/Dexterity just like a good portion of us - just because he is now apart of Big Fish doesn't mean he's not allowed to return and tell us of his success. It sure doesn't sound to me that he is trying to impress anyone...its just exciting to see your games still rocking the charts.

I just don't understand the bitterness.

14. Emmanuel

Fourth week at #1 on Real :eek:

Not trying to impress, indeed, just happy that the game is doing well and that BFG Studios is doing great with internal games (Prime Suspects, Mystic Inn, .. Titanic Hidden Expedition coming out in 3 days that looks like it will be good too) and published games (Virtual Villagers, huge hit, we're grasshoppers compared to Arthur :)).

Best regards,
    Emmanuel

15. Escapee

Original Member

Time to buy another brand new SUV or new bungalow ? :)

16. berserker

Indie Author

I suggest to buy new Mercedes :D
    ________
    Ford v-8

#116 berserker, Jul 20, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  17. Escapee

Original Member

SUVs for his wive's' or gfs, Mercedes for himself ;)

18. cliffski

I wish someone would say how much you earn (not sales, but actual developer royalties) in a week if your game is #1 on somewhere like real. A lot of vague arm waving goes on about how you become rich, but it would be nice for someone to say how much.
    I guess NDAs prevent that, which is in Reals interests, as they can claim to be the #1 place to submit your game.
    Anyone with a really informed and genuinely educated guess?

19. berserker

Indie Author

#119 berserker, Jul 20, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  20. electronicStar

Original Member

Maybe he can just answer a simple question without breaking the nda;
    Did you become filthy rich?
    [ ]YES [ ]NO

;)