ANN: My Big Fish Games

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Emmanuel, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Scurvy Lobster

Scurvy Lobster New Member

edit: no need...

#121 Scurvy Lobster, Mar 17, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  2. ProJoe

ProJoe New Member

My thoughts on PNP

I set up My Game Space back in late Sept. I'm quite new to affiliate marketing, but I have already been involved in several of the multi-tier (yes) "MLM" programs.

The Big Fish Games Affiliate Program "PNP," in my opinion, takes the best attributes from affiliate marketing and MLM marketing, and rolled them into one of the most powerful programs I've ever seen.

I've had more success in building up customers (than affiliates) so far. I have one customer who's spent over $160.00 on game purchases. That netted me $40, and netted the person who I had signed up under around $10. That's powerful. You certainly should build a team of affiliates, and a certain amount of that will happen organically as players emerge as business builders with their own game space. In fact one player has brought in over 1200 people in a little over a month for me.

Unlike traditional MLM programs, there is no cost to sign up and no products to purchase, as Paul has previously mentioned in this thread. And, unlike traditional affiliate programs, the payments stretch down 3 levels (combined with lifetime residuals on all 3 levels). I have seen some 2-tier programs, but none that I've seen offer lifetime residuals!

BFG has also been extremely quick at developing new tools for their affiliates. It's almost to the point that I wake up in the morning saying, "I wish BFG would add bla bla bla..." Lo and behold, later that afternoon, here comes and e-mail saying we just added bla bla bla!!

I also am lucky enough to be working on Mark Wegner's Team. The team concept works great here as well, and Mark has already given me some great pointers. He also has sought out my ideas. I think this is a solid business plan. Given enough time and consistent effort, BFG can provide anyone a substantial stream of income.

3. electronicStar

Original Member

Thanks for spontaneously sharing.

4. zenofeller

zenofeller New Member

so this was announced about 9 months ago, give or take, and there was some talk about how
    was it ? if not, why not ?

5. JoKa

Indie Author

Is any info available when localization will be possible and non-US BFG sites be included?

6. ragdollsoft

Original Member

I wrote to bigfish games about a problem with mygamespace:

They just replied that "At this time we do not have an alternate soultion to the issue."

Does any of you have an idea about it?

Also a more general question, if my non-secure website puts in an iframe a "secure" website, are the connections to that website still secure or does the passing through my site un-secure them?

#126 ragdollsoft, Apr 9, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  7. ChrisP

Indie Author

It's still secure, because it doesn't pass through your site. The request goes directly from the client's browser to the secure website without going via your server, the same way as if you had embedded an off-site image in your page.

8. Pyabo

Original Member

I'm no expert (I do the server-side :) ), but can't you edit just about anything on the page you want using javascript? Does that not work in an iframe? <shrug>

Your other option is to go with PNP and customize all you like.

9. yingerbread

yingerbread New Member

The last 2 weeks I saw that the daily new PNP contacts going down - but my website visitors are still growing. does anybody has the same problems. It seems that the contact count is not working the same like some weeks before where I had a lot more contacts every day.

any ideas?

10. samnova

Original Member

Well, maybe people just dont download games at the moment? They might come to the site but just watch a bit and then leave.. Or old contacts coming back and downloads some games...

Then again, I got to admit that the last few weeks has been rather bad for me also regarding new customers; or maybe it was just because last month was really good ;)

11. yingerbread

yingerbread New Member

I think it could also be a problem of missing "good" games. some of the games in the last weeks wasn't that good. The funny thing is that I track clicks - and I can see that yesterday a lot of people clicked on the download button - but the number that clicked on the button is that high and I only made a very poor new contacts - strange. anyway, lets wait and see the next weeks / month

12. ragdollsoft

Original Member

I had a bit of the same impression with mygamespace, so i checked out the tracking cookie and saw how it works:

Suppose the user has a brand new computer (or has cleared cookies): if the user visits your website before any other bigfish website (i.e. bigfishgames.com or any other bigfish affiliate), you place a cookie on his computer and for 3 months any sale of bigfish games through bigfishgames (and affiliate websites[not sure about this one]) is credited to you.

This is extremely powerful, the downside is that there is a saturation effect, so if a user already has the cookie from either mybigfish.com or another affiliate you dont get any credit even if you provide the download- the user purchases right after the download. As more and more people get the cookie installed, its always harder to get a "new" customer.

#132 ragdollsoft, Apr 17, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  13. Matthew

Indie Author

It depends how much of your traffic is return visitors. The contacts list will only grow with new users; sending the same person to 3 downloads won't result in 3 contacts. So even if your daily traffic numbers are high, it could still be a low increase in fresh contacts...

14. yingerbread

yingerbread New Member

yea I understand this - return visitors are not good for new contacts - but I wonder why I didnt notice this behavior some 2 weeks before. A friend told me he had the same problem - he only made 8 new contacts yesterday - normaly around 40.

15. yingerbread

yingerbread New Member

after the last night I am absoluty sure there is something wrong with the system. we had over 3500 visitors in the last 24 hours and the new game "agatha christie" was clicked for around 450 times - but we only made 3 new contacts. thats bad :(
    about return visitors, I am not that much time online with my site - so I couldnt have that much people that return to my site and did a download some day before.

if anybody has the same problem - let me know. everybody should check the contacts every day and track them.

16. Scurvy Lobster

Have you noticed that the "agatha christie" title is an BFG exclusive? I am not 100% sure you can get earnings or new contacts on those titles.

Maybe it is the same with Popcap titles... None of them are included in the BFG Sattelite Gamesite System.

17. yingerbread

yingerbread New Member

you can get earnings from this game, because it is in the actual pnp xml feed. But we also have this problem on Grimms Hatchery - lots of clicks - but no new contacts.

18. Scurvy Lobster

I just checked up on my own new contacts and realised that I am down from around 20-30 new daily to 2-3 new daily over the last 14 day... :confused:

I may not be promoting my site much but I don't understand that all my initiatives lately have been that unsuccesful.

19. yingerbread

yingerbread New Member

I am sure they changed something in their system - perhaps they had an error in the first version and fixed it now. I see also at my extended network that their growth reduced around 50%. Is someone from bigfish on this thread to explain whats going on? Thanks!

20. Scurvy Lobster

Maybe someone programmed a bot to add thousands of emails to his PNP/MyGameSpace account(s) and they are now getting all new contacts for themselves?