ANN: My Big Fish Games

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Emmanuel, Sep 7, 2006.

1. BinaryMoon

Indie Author

ah ok. I have been using the pnp system for a few weeks now, so assumed I hadn't hit a month yet. I will email them and ask how it works.

2. Pyabo

Original Member

Interesting... what stops someone from just going ahead and manually adding all their existing customers to the Big Fish friends list? Are you sure these manually added friends earn you rewards? As far as I can tell, there is no opt-in for the friends list.

Someone like Cliffski, with thousands of existing customers (but less scruples), could use their bulk-add tool to upload their entire customer email list. Then if they just happen to wander over to BigFishGames and download something in the next 90 days... Cliffski gets the affiliate credit?

Hope I'm giving someone a bad idea.

3. ragdollsoft

Original Member

Yeah I believe you can do that. Although I would hate to give one of my customer's email to bigfish and see him spammed to death :p

4. Jack Norton

Indie Author

It would be a very bad idea. Subscribing someone else to another newsletter without his permission??? this is spamming.

5. Maupin

Original Member

Wow, that's worrying. :eek: I had signed up, but suddenly the program doesn't seem as appealing...

6. ragdollsoft

Original Member

Yeah I ment "can" in the physical sense.

7. kolka

Original Member

@everyone, who had at least one sale through «my big fish games»:
    How many users visited your gamespace before first sale?
    100? 1000? Or more?

8. samnova

Original Member

@kolka:
    You can't see how many people visited your game space..
    What is important is what you do with it, if you just sign up and do nothing then nothing will happen.
    I had around 40 (as far as I remember) signed up before my first sale. Now have around 160, and 22$ in 'profit' from 3 people.

About taking your current newsletter list and add them to My Big Fish Games, I dont consider that an issue (in case BFG's dont send emails to them also).. It would be a case of moving people from one newsletter to another (both under your control)... IF BFG does send newsletters out to all on the list, then it is another case of course.

9. kolka

Original Member

Sure. No doubt about it.
    I'm trying to bring visitors to myspace. What i wanted to know is what's the usual rate? 100 visitors and only one buys the game?
    But if you cannot watch the statistic, there will be no answer to my question.

10. yingerbread

yingerbread New Member

wow

wow.... I made my first earnings :) $17,49

11. kolka

Original Member

Congratulations!

12. BinaryMoon

Indie Author

got a response from the head honcho at bigfish who has explained how the payments will be working. Apparently they will be emailing the top earners this info soon, but they said I could post it here anyway.

So here goes...

13. Olivier

Indie Author

Thanks for posting BFG's message here. They really seem to take care of their affiliate members. Let's wait for their mailing. :)

14. Escapee

Original Member

1 noob question, does the PNP affiliate program covers Mac games as well ?

15. Roman Budzowski

Indie Author

I just signed up and when I view game links it generates links only to PC games, though it's still possible that they do affiliate mac games. If not, to bad, Mac games is the only reason I want to give it a try.

best
    Roman

16. Roman Budzowski

Indie Author

Heh, I did a test - I went to my affiliate link for PC game and then clicked on Go to Mac version and downloaded it. It added entered email to my contact list, so it tracks Mac sales probably. And probably we can make direct Mac links with aff code.

best
    Roman

17. Escapee

Original Member

Many thanks for the info. I will go try the mac game html + Affil code to see if it works.

18. bigfishpnp

bigfishpnp New Member

Howdy from Affiliate Relations at Big Fish Games!

Hello,

My name is Andrew, and I’m the Affiliate Relations Manager at Big Fish Games. It’s my job to interact with everyone involved with our Principal Network Partner (PNP) affiliate program. I wanted to drop by the forum to one, introduce myself, and two, provide some updates on the PNP payment front.

Since the program is still in Beta our developers are busy adding features and optimizing the way the PNP program functions. I want share some updates to the information that BinaryMoon posted on 2/28.

Here’s a brief run-down of our payment policies - the following information will also be posted on the PNP site later this week:

1) You currently have the option to select a payment method of check, wire transfer or Paypal.

2) By March 12th, we will launch the “payment request” page on the site. You will be notified the moment this goes live. You will then need to verify your payment method and specify the amount you wish to be paid in order to receive your commissions.

3) Payments will be issued on the 15th of each month. If you request a payment on the 14th, you will be paid the next day. If you request it on the 16th, you will have to wait until the next month before the payment is made.

4) US-based companies or individuals may be required to fill out a W-9 form and fax it back to us at 206-269-3800 before payments can be issued.*

5) Big Fish Games is not required to withhold U.S. tax from foreign affiliates’ commissions. Income derived from PNP is classified as “service income” earned by affiliates in their respective home countries. Thus, Big Fish Games does not require a W-8 BEN form from international affiliates.*

6) Applicable tax forms will be available on the pnp.bigfishgames.com site before March 12th with instructions for their submission.*

*Please note that any tax-related information provided by Big Fish Games is not intended as and should not be construed as legal, tax, or investment advice. You should always consult your tax advisor to help answer specific questions regarding how tax laws apply to you and/or your business. The tax information we have provided is necessarily incomplete, and the tax laws and regulations are subject to change. Therefore, Big Fish Games does not guarantee and is not liable for the accuracy or completeness of any tax information provided, or any results or outcome as a result of the use of this information.

Feel free to email me (my address is in my signature) with any questions, comments, or concerns you might have regarding our PNP affiliate program. It is my job to put Big Fish Games to work for our Principal Network Partners! Also, I'll be down at GDC this week, so feel free to say hello.

Best regards,

19. Spaiz

Original Member

Yes, it tracks every page you reffered visitors with affiliate code, even online games pages, so you can sell Mac Games without problems, but notice, that iframe features aren't available for mac games still, but it's not a big pain i think.

20. Scurvy Lobster

Scurvy Lobster New Member

Hi!

I have a question about the Satellite Gamesite System that Big Fish Games are supplying.

When I try to install it on my server it stops at Stage 2. I type in my username but it reports: Username: ( my username ) Failed!

I am using the right username, so I would like to hear if anyone knows how to get around or fix this problem?

edit: the nice guys from BFG support send my a file that should fix the problem, so I guess the problem can be considered solved :)

#120 Scurvy Lobster, Mar 14, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2007