ANN: My Big Fish Games

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Emmanuel, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Olivier

Indie Author

I'll reach $600.00 soon. I must say that I kept MyBFG somewhat separated from my main pages. So I believe that most of my *rewards* come from search engine traffic, not direct customers of mine.
    My network depth is still at 1. What is yours?

2. mrkwang

mrkwang New Member

Just curious.

As far as I know, My Game Space at Big Fish Games is kinda affiliate. Right? I already registered one, just not using it for affililate.

http://www.mygamespace.com/mrkwang

Registered MGS last year, almost forgot about that, and wish to try at now. I'm running my own webzine, but newbie for affiliate stuffs. Learning how to do it at now.

And I found another link from Big Fish.

https://pnp.bigfishgames.com/index.php

It's called PNP. I can login it with my MGS account, and maybe they are related. If so... What's the difference between MGS & PNP? I already read FAQ about that, but not sure exactly.

And does this affiliate work for non-US resident? I mean, I'm living in South Korea. I can accept PAYPAL, and I assume there is no problem, but just in case.

And is there some minimum for withdraw to PAYPAL account? I read FAQ, but can't find it.

3. samnova

Original Member

I was also not able to find much info about Paypal, just that you can set Paypal as payment option and it is monthly. I askedif it is automatic or if we will have to request it. And if it is automatic, then around what date does it happen. Still waiting for reply.
    With PNP you have direct access to some of their XML files which includes a list of ALL their games. They even supply code to extract the data from it. Best of all is their Satellite Gamesite System, which can be used for a full game portal (only with the games big fish has of course). I had some problems with it but got it working (see NovaCastle).
    Got to be said, they announced this 2 week ago in Amsterdam and they are still in beta, so things are not perfect yet. They are working on a new system where you can log in and change data for your site, when it is ready is unclear.
    I do suggest you have a look at it.

4. mrkwang

mrkwang New Member

Thanks for answer, samnova.

Still not sure exactly, anyway I could think like this?

- PNP is more useful TOOL for Big Fish Affililate, and MGS is basic method to show people within Big Fish area.

5. ragdollsoft

Original Member

I got a few questions for those that are into it:

Is it ok to frame "http://www.mygamespace.com/myAccount" into my domain?

Is it possible to customize a bit mygamespace.com/myAccount? (at least the colors)

6. samnova

Original Member

Yes, nothing wrong in doing that. On the PNP page they even give code for it.

Nope :( You can just change text and not even all the text.... With PNP you can do more, specially if you do your own templates with it...

Good luck.

7. kolka

Original Member

There are 227 thounsand members who already created myspace at Big Fish Games, right?
    Isn't it too late to create this game space?

8. samnova

Original Member

227,343 and counting...

Never too late. I guess a lot of them signed up and forgot all about it. Or signed up and got their two free games and then forgot about it. If you just sign up and then do nothing then people will not come, check Mark's page how he uses it (iframe at the bottom) and a lot of internal stuff to redirect people to the right Big Fish Games pages.

I have done little with it, added it to my blog; at the right side and just did a post yesterday where I mention some games and my game site.. Not much but I see my 'friend' list grow each day, so people are still getting games by visiting my page and then goes on to downloading it. It does not grow fast, just with 1 to 10 pr day. Only had 4 sales so far, so not on the top 10 list :)

9. Olivier

Indie Author

BFG's affiliate program based solely on (valid) email addresses

BFG's affiliate program seems good. I'm using it for some months now but still something disturbs me since the beginning:

I believe that the system is based solely on (valid) email addresses. Affiliates can gather email addresses by using their affiliate code in various ways (links, iframes, feeds, XML data).
    But at the very last stage of the process, when the customer hits the order pages at BFG/Trymedia, if the customer enters a different email address than the one(s) the affiliate collected from him, then the affiliate won't be credited for the sale. Am I right?

10. samnova

Original Member

If someone comes from your BFG page, or is going to a BFG page with your affiliate code in, and then does a download or buys a game then they will enter an email address and if that email address isn't taken by another affiliate then it will get added to your list. So this way the list of 'friends' are growing. I got 150+ on my list and I only know a few of them (less than 5).

I also think they use cookies to track from who (affiliate) the customer came from, so the email/sale can be assigned to the correct one.

I was also confused about this at the very start, but do have a look at some of the messages early in this thread (Guess you have). Mark explained it nicely to me.

11. papillon

Indie Author

Payout dates still seem to involve some sort of obscure die-rolling, at least for us smallfry who're getting $30-50 a month. I assume it'll come eventually, but it would be less confusing if there were some sort of regular schedule.

(Last one was dated Jan 12, one before that Dec 21. It's now Feb 22. So, as I said, doesn't seem to be any sort of schedule at all.)

12. Olivier

Indie Author

Yes the cookie is used to assign the email addresses (that the user provided right before downloading a game or accessing an order page) to the right affiliate.
    But what if the user downloads a game by providing fake@email.biz and then buys it using legitimateemail@provider.com?
    In other words, is there a way to track the affiliate when the user reaches the BFG/Trymedia order pages? I guess the answer is no. That's why I said that the system relies solely on "legitimate" or valid email addresses.

I'd like to get paid by PayPal but couldn't find the "Send The Money" button (PNP account). Any clue?

13. samnova

Original Member

Ah, see what you mean. I was thinking along the lines that they go to your page and then select buy. But in the case they buy it from within the game I think we loose (getting no $). It does look as if the ordering from within the game is done through a 'browser' so maybe they have access to the cookies (I dont think so really, hell, I download the game with Firefox and if they use a browser then it is probably IE....). Oh and if they select PayPal when paying then it might be yet another email address they use...

Guess this is something for Paul to answer (The Big Fish)...

As far as I understand so far it is "When they feel like sending money, they will do it". Still never received any answers on this directly from BFG... I did mention to them it would be nice to have that in the FAQ....

14. kolka

Original Member

How can i view my statistic: say how many visitors visited myspace.com/ ?

15. samnova

Original Member

You can't :( also a feature I would like to see.. all you can see is how many signed up and number of sales...

16. ragdollsoft

Original Member

Nice info, thanks guys. Good to know that you can get referrals when they put their email, and not only when you manually add their email (which is what I understood reading their terms of use:

17. bard

Original Member

A customer service rep once told me the accounting department sends out checks bi-weekly. PayPal would be great, probably easier and cheaper for them, too.

18. papillon

Indie Author

Um, they don't. :) See my previous post. (And yes, I have more than $20 in my account. Again, I am not worried about it, but they do completely lack a schedule.)

EDIT: Aha, my account now says 'processing', dated tomorrow. So I suppose another payout is rolling around. :)

#98 papillon, Feb 22, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  19. BinaryMoon

Indie Author

if you use their new Principal Network Partner system then you can get paid via paypal... and by "get paid" I mean sign up to receive payments via paypal. I have yet to actually get anything sent over. If it doesn't appear soon I will be contacting them (I'm on about $500).

20. Olivier

Indie Author

I'm using their PNP system and I selected PayPal as method of payment since the beginning. After a few weeks and hundreds of $ I still see nothing on my Paypal account. Obviously keeping the money is more interesting than sending it away, in french it is called "conserver un avantage de trésorerie".

Also, I'd rather choose when to get paid (minimum threshold) instead of being paid automatically.