ANN: My Big Fish Games

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Emmanuel, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Olivier

Indie Author

A problem with non-US affiliates? Mmmm maybe should I wait before setting something up then.
    I was just asking myself if referring to URLs from BFG's german website was working. Apparenty not, the cookie is not set from there. Any idea if this could be done Paul or Emmanuel?

2. samnova

Original Member

First saw this now and just signed up. Looks very promising.. just had a few issues (no way to change Nickname and how it is used.. and the limit of 250 chars on feedback messages)..

But when looking at the FAQ I saw this:

So the way I understand it is that you ONLY earn the 25% IF the people got invited and signs up. So if some random person visits my site and buys a game, then I earn nothing...

Is this correct ? Or will that random person automatic be added as friend ;)

3. Mark Wegner

Mark Wegner New Member

Hey, I can clear this up for you!

They don't have to sign up for My Big Fish Games or be invited for you to earn 25% of their purchases...

You earn 25% of any purchases by someone on your friends list.

Here are the ways they can join your friends list:
    1. You manually add their email address to your friends list using the My Big Fish Games interface. https://my.bigfishgames.com/friends/add.php
    2. They visit your game space and download a game, entering their email address on the download form. http://my.bigfishgames.com/TheDiamondGames
    3. They visit a Big Fish games page that has your affiliate ID in it and download a game, entering their email address on the download form. http://www.bigfishgames.com/downloads/wonderfulwizardofo/?afcode=afb26bb78ba6 or http://www.bigfishgames.com/downloads/wonderfulwizardofo/download.html?afcode=afb26bb78ba6

If their email is already known to Big Fish Games then they cannot be added to your friends list. They might be on someone else’s friends list or have already downloaded a game from Big Fish Games in the past (or subscribed to their newsletter).

I hope that clears it up for you! Feel free to ask anything more about the program and I can help you. I've been using the program since the launch date and am a big fan of it!

Mark Wegner
    The Big Diamond of The Diamond Games, LLC
    #1 Member of My Big Fish Games

4. Mark Wegner

Mark Wegner New Member

Free help for implementing the Big Fish Games affiliate program

Hello Everyone,

I am now pleased to offer my free assistance for anyone interested in using the Big Fish Games affiliate program! Just email me at mark.wegner@thediamondgames.com or PM me.

I am here to answer your questions and to help you succeed selling the games. I can offer you the tips I've learned and provide you with the entire Big Fish Games database of games in an XML feed or excel/access format for quick integration with your website or newsletter.

I have been using My Big Fish Games since it launched and quickly became the most successful member of the program (here's a press release on the program which mentions me). I have found it to be a great way to offer the select titles only available on Big Fish Games to my users. I will help you make the best out of this program!

Please feel free to drop me a line at mark.wegner@thediamondgames.com or PM me about the Big Fish Games affiliate program.

Thanks,

Mark Wegner
    The Big Diamond of The Diamond Games, LLC
    #1 Member of My Big Fish Games

5. lakibuk

Indie Author

"...earnings now coming in at an annualized rate of more than $33,000"
    What's an annualized rate?

6. soniCron

Indie Author

A projection of what one would make in a year, given the current trend. My Big Fish Games hasn't been operating for a year, so the best he can do is multiply what he's earned so far by what remains left of a year of operation. For example, if he's been using My Big Fish Games for a month, he's earned $2,750 so far. Multiply that by 12 months and you get a $33,000 annualized rate.

Hope that helps. :)

7. lakibuk

Indie Author

Sure. Thanks.

8. Mark Wegner

Mark Wegner New Member

It's their estimation of what I would earn after a year. I've been making about $100/day the last month or so. The reason they said that is because once a customer is added to my friends list if they ever make a purchase I get a reward, even if it's a year from now :p I could probably shut down my websites (and therefore not add new customers to my list) and still earn a nice living for a while thanks to the referrals I've already made :p

9. papillon

Indie Author

Has anyone actually received checks from this program yet, or is paying out still in beta too?

10. Mark Wegner

Mark Wegner New Member

First Check Received

I received my first check about 2 weeks ago from My Big Fish Games after a 2 month wait. One thing that helped expedite the process was to fax the W-9 form to the Big Fish Games accounting department (Is this even applicable to a UK resident?) that is required for payouts over $600. Once I did that I was paid within 2 weeks. Are you using the program without getting paid yet? I suggest faxing them a request to get paid with your account's email address and username. It's nice feeling to see those fictional rewards in the account turn into real money to pay the bills. The payment system is still in beta while wire transfers are being added but I know you can get your money still.

As long as the real checks keep coming I'll be happy with the program. This last Saturday I earned over $340 from My Big Fish Games due to holiday promotions and new games being released that are selling well. This December I've averaged $153.67 / day in earnings from My Big Fish Games so far. The rate I earn is increasing at about every $40/day per month due to the cumulative nature of the system as the people I referred at the start of the program are doing repeat purchases from Big Fish Games. I expect to see $300/day from the program within 9 months as the list of customers I have referred increases.

11. papillon

Indie Author

Oh, I'm not particularly worried about me, I've only got little amounts on my account, I'm not promoting it much. Just curious if payouts had been sent yet, since a lot of the internals still have 'coming soon' all over them.

(And you don't even want to know my accounting situations - I'm UK resident, US citizen, which is very confusing! :) ... And UK citizen as well, now.)

12. Mark Wegner

Mark Wegner New Member

A bit of maths

Ah interesting... you've got quite a confusing status! Visas are always a pain.

I'm also curious if payouts are hitting the masses and not just the top members because according to an email from Paul Thelen on Nov 30th "My Big Fish Games members have earned over $100,000 in combined Rewards since we launched in September."

That's about $1,100 in rewards per day and about $3400-4400 thousand dollars of sales from affiliates alone after less than 3 months of business.

There were probably 180,000 members then but not all of them are referring people. Let's say about 0.5% of them want checks, that's 900 checks to send out. The postage alone is about $300 and the paper and envelopes would weigh around 10 lbs.

Makes me feel sorry for those accountants especially as the program continues to grow!

13. electronicStar

Original Member

The real question is if "The diamond games" website is really independant from BigFish or if it is just a promotion tool....
    I can have some doubts if I judge from all the MyBigFish promo emails citing his example as earning astronomical amounts from the get-go( including "satisfied customer" quotes) and if I check the list of his posts on this board (all being promotional for MyBigFish)
    (This is a serious question, sorry if I am offending someone.
    BTW I didn't really use this program so I am in no position to comment about its status)

14. Matthew

Indie Author

Mark is my younger brother, so I can verify that he is indeed real and independent from Big Fish. He actually moved into my spare room after he graduated from college, so I keep pretty close tabs on him (he spends a lot of time on his various projects).

It's true that Big Fish gives him a lot of attention for his work with My BFG, but that's because he's been successful. He isn't successful simply because of the attention; it's the other way around. It's in Big Fish's best interests to point to the top user as an example, and that just happens to be Mark.

He had been making some money from affiliate sales through Reflexive, PlayFirst, and others before the My BFG launch, but he decided to take a gamble and redirect a huge amount of his users to My BFG on the same day it launched. And it's worked out really well for him. A lot of his success has been because of that early--and huge--push on his part, but as far as I can tell the door's still open for other ambitious affiliate marketers.

15. soniCron

Indie Author

Yeah, well how do we know you're legit? ;)

16. Matthew

Indie Author

The drunken good times we've all shared together? Speaking of which, I think I'll be in Amsterdam for Casuality this year...

17. electronicStar

Original Member

Ok, thanks for clearing things up:eek:

18. Olivier

Indie Author

Yeah the success of TheDiamondGames is amazingly amazing! Besides being #1, Mark Wegner also spots #6 with a second account. That's absolutely crazy, congrats Mark!
    But what's your secret? Does buying domain names according to game names is so successful?

Like Hanako I'm promoting the program a little, but damn I must develop then promote my own games too! And I have only 24 hours a day, and you? :D

19. Sirrus

Original Member

So you receive 25% of the total sale...not net?

For example, 25% of $19.95 = $5
    Or 25% of subscription $6.99 = $1.75

Right?

20. Olivier

Indie Author

Yes that's what BFG tells us Sirrus, I'm not 100% sure that there's no hidden fees though. And of course there's no way to make sure of that.