ANN: Micro Game, Micro Price.

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Indiepath, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Indiepath

Indiepath New Member

2. soniCron

Indie Author

I see you require a unique financial transaction for each purchase. I imagine that approach will severely diminish the potential number of buyers. As they say, the cost of pulling out the credit card is the most significant one. Nevertheless, if you manage to disprove this theory, I'd love to hear about it! Please let us know how your micro-transaction experiment turns out! :)

3. PoV

PoV
    Indie Author

Fascinating little game you have there. I hope your little strategy works out for ya.

4. Dan MacDonald

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Business techniques aside, I think the game is pretty darn cool. Just a small but unique concept that hasn't been ruined by piling on too much crap to make it seem deeper then it is.

5. Ghost Dancer

Ghost Dancer New Member

Nice idea - good luck with it. Like others, I too would be interested to hear how well the micro pricing does.

6. Arthur_Ostapenko

Original Member

I'm intrested in this too.
    Some time ago I've made about 50 microgames as outsourcer. It is very cool to write such small games.
    If it will bring income, it will be very good (I think I'll make another hundred of games:) ).

7. Indiepath

Indiepath New Member

I've just started another Micro project - only 2 days this time so it's bound to be awful :p

8. Genimo

Indie Author

This game is wicked cool!

9. jessechounard

Original Member

Just thought I'd let you know, the download version ran great in Wine on Linux. (I'm running Ubuntu Edgy with Wine 0.9.25, if that's interesting at all to you.)

And I found a bug, though a rather unimportant one, I think. I've got Wine running in a window, even though your game thinks it's running fullscreen. If I hold the mouse button and move outside the window, I'm still firing but I'm safe from damage. If I'm not holding the mouse button, I'm constrained to the window. Probably something trivial to fix, but likely something you don't need to bother with.

Very neat game, btw.

10. princec

Indie Author

Fun diversion, limited rockets isn't so interesting though.

Cas :)

11. Indiepath

Indiepath New Member

12. PoV

PoV
    Indie Author

Neat. Are the stars going to move?

13. Bad Sector

Original Member

Indiepath, this is very good :).

I think that a site with such micro games would be nice :).

EDIT: I've got one, i'll check it out later when i'm on Windows.

#13 Bad Sector, Dec 3, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  14. Indiepath

Indiepath New Member

The star field rotates in your FOV very slowly, and will do some spinning warping kinda jazz in between levels - if I decide to implement levels :) I might just continue to chuck stuff at the player until they can cope no longer.

I could do with some advice on the music situation. Currently the music is streamed into the game from a SHOUTCast radio station, the game mechanic is tightly integrated into the BPM and events such as firing bullets, enemies shooting at you and spawning of new attacks are controlled by the audio stream. What should I do if the Station is down? Should I cache music to disc just in case? What do you thing?

#14 Indiepath, Dec 3, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  15. Indiepath

Indiepath New Member

16. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

$

Hi Tim, glad to see people trying different biz. models - can you share with us your # of paid plays?

17. Indiepath

Indiepath New Member

I will do when I've finished messing with the pjio updates.

18. dxgame

Original Member

Customer support, marketing, advertising, your time, etc, unfortunately will never be micro priced. It will be interesting to see if you're just nickle and dime'ing yourself to negative overall profits. If you do end up making the stats public it will ofcourse be interesting to say the least. Good luck!