Ann&FeedbackReq: Tower Defence

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Arthur[VD], Dec 22, 2005.

1. Arthur[VD]

Original Member

Hi ppl,
    Here is our game - Tower Defence

In this game you must build your defense using towers.

Screenshots:
    Screen 1
    Screen 2

Demo you can get from here:
    http://www.towerdefence.com/TowerDefence.exe

System requirements:
    800Mhz processor, 128 Mb ram, GF2MX400

Recomended:)
    1Ghz,256 ram,GF5200

Please let me know if it is crash on your system, and post "game.log" content.

2. Arthur[VD]

Original Member

Hmm. No one intrested? :(

3. Ricardo C

Original Member

I'm downloading it :)

4. Gnatinator

Original Member

No problems here (geforce 4mx).

It's neat to see someone here using 3D graphics with AO/radiosity burnt right into the textures. Looks like you're getting some good results.

5. Fabio

Original Member

6. dntoll

Original Member

So... played it for about an hour now... lost time actually...

I think it rocks!

The music is a bit annoying, but the gameplay is fun and addictive:D

7. Ricardo C

Original Member

That was a lot of fun :D And the graphics are gorgeous :)

You should have your English text proof-read, though. It's not very good, I'm afraid.

8. Sharkbait

Original Member

Tried downloading.. but the download was corrupted.

9. Sparks

Original Member

AO= Ambient Occlusion.
    It's a "fake" radiosity look without the rendertimes.

Actually, the graphics look nice, WarCraft-ish, but I don't see where radiosity could have been used :confused: ?

10. Arthur[VD]

Original Member

I've reuploaded it. Now must be ok.
    Fixed some grammar mistakes. Bug with restart game in Survival mode and with Load game in Story mode.

11. Darky

Original Member

Aha, a Tower Defense game. I can tell you've played Warcraft 3 online before. ;)

Fun, but if you play it too much, gets quite boring. Try to fix up that problem somehow. Ah, oh yeah and it's spelt 'Defense' not "Defence."

12. Ricardo C

Original Member

In British English, "defence" is the correct spelling.

13. gec

gec
    Original Member

didn't run on my laptop

I have an Acer Travelmate 300, with Direct X 9 (latest) installed and Windows XP. When I run your game, it exits out immeadiately. I'll try it on my desktop with XP and an ATI 9800 video card.

14. Arthur[VD]

Original Member

:eek:
    When you clicking on game shortcut or it exits when you click on "Maybe later" button in Loader? It requres only Direct3D 7,btw.

Thanks for your effort!:)

15. Arthur[VD]

Original Member

16. NuriumGames

Original Member

Very nice!, enjoyed the demo, I think if you could add more content (6 locations seem too low to me) you could have a nice hit.

17. whisperstorm

Original Member

I played it a bit and I think if you tweak the game a bit more it could be really fun! It starts off a wee bit too hard, but then doesnt ratchet up that much. I wish the ice tower stopped the creatures a bit longer.

18. illume

Original Member

Hey,

I played your demo a while ago. I found it really fun. It took me a while to get through the first level, and then quite a while to get past the other.

The demo took a while to download at around 25k or so. Maybe get some mirrors or a better host.

I remember it said that there were only five levels or something... in this day of 100 levels that didn't sound too great. So maybe change that text to something else. Or make new levels if it's not too time consuming.

level idea: have badies come out from two or more entrances.

19. Hiro_Antagonist

Original Member

Hey there,

Just downloaded and checked this out today. Seems like a pretty cool Tower Defense game. Here's some questions and critical feedback:

1) The price seemed steep to me, given the amount of content and (sorry) quality. Especially given that there are so many high-quality Tower Defense mods out there for WC3, which are free if you own WC3 and the expansion.

2) Who's your audience, exactly? I would think anyone that would be interested in tower defense would have become familiar with it through WC3, but if that's the case, why would they pay $20 for a game when there are hundreds of free mods out there, some of them pretty good?

3) FWIW, the demo cut off at a nice time. I was left in a "But... but... I want to play more!" state. Unfortuantely, that means I'll be breaking out WC3to get my fix. =P

Just being honest. =)

-Hiro_Antagonist

20. illume

Original Member

I also think the demo was timed excellently. You just need to make it seem more valuable... which is the point I tried to make in my other post. More valuable through either extra game types, more levels, etc. If there is other stuff you don't tell us about in the full version, show us somehow.

As for the WC3 thing... I've never played it, just earlier warcrafts, and other games with towers. So I think there is a market for people who love the building of towers! haha. I guess you could come up with some points of difference... that is note some things which WC3 doesn't have that your game does. What next an RPG of just stat increases? 'click to increase XP - LEVEL UP!'.