[ANN] Faerie Solitaire Has Gone Gold

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by CasualInsider, May 31, 2009.

1. CasualInsider

CasualInsider New Member

#1 CasualInsider, May 31, 2009
    Last edited: May 31, 2009
  2. CasualInsider

CasualInsider New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

The game is now live on Big Fish Games for $6.99, and on SpinTop Games. Waiting on other portals to release the game. :)

3. jpoag

jpoag New Member

Congrats! Downloading right now!

I hope it does well!

4. Junkyard Sam

Junkyard Sam New Member

Great job on the art. It's very pretty, and it probably expands your demographic to people who might not ordinarily take interest in a solitaire game.

Specifically:
    Good use of contrast throughout
    The moon/cloudsky image is BEAUTIFUL
    The use of grass above the UI window is just so appealing to me
    I find the colors appealing overall

(If I had just ONE curiosity it would be why does the 1 in the font display higher than the other numbers? http://subsoap.com/img/Faerie-Land.jpg Not a big deal really.)

Anyhow, the game is beautiful. Congratulations!

5. CasualInsider

CasualInsider New Member

Thanks, Junkyard Sam. :)

It's higher because I was a little sloppy without rendering the counter images... won't happen in the next game.

6. papillon

Indie Author

(Spotted a minor typo - the description of Orb of Fortune says 'you' when it means 'your')

It's cute, and in theme much more my sort of thing than golf, but Solitaire's still not really my game. :) But fairies do at least get me to try it!

7. CasualInsider

CasualInsider New Member

Opps... we spent a good couple of days just pouring everything and making sure there were no typos, but that was missed.

Consider affiliating the game? (Amanda, if you're reading this please considering affiliating it too.. I have a feeling it will resonate with your audience!) If you affiliate directly with us I can give you a much higher % per sale than through portals, just contact me.

8. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Consider raising the default commission (last time I checked on BMT micro was 20%, quite low since the standard is 30%) and you'll get affiliates automatically :)

9. CasualInsider

CasualInsider New Member

I had the commission set to 50%, and at the time no one was still signing up, so I'm making it a requirement that you contact me first if you want such commission rates: to me it will mean that you're serious about making money, and for every sale we will both make more money than through portal affiliation. You can contact me on here or at [​IMG]

10. papillon

Indie Author

Another weird little detail - When I mouse over Locked achievements, the text comes up saying 'You have done thus and such - congratulations!' Whereas when I mouse over the achievement I've actually GOTTEN, it just describes how to get it. Something got backwards there I think :)

11. CasualInsider

CasualInsider New Member

Oops again :D thanks for reporting that, I'll check and fix it now.

12. CasualInsider

CasualInsider New Member

I just raised the affiliate percent back up to 50% in the BMT Micro catalog. With each sale, you will get USD $9.98. This game is easy to sell. So, what are you waiting for?

13. CasualInsider

CasualInsider New Member

I agree with Cas; I could probably put this at 100%, costing me money with every sale, like he tried with his games, and no one would bother. Affiliation is dead! :)

14. princec

Indie Author

For myself, Puppygames players are totally the wrong audience :) I suppose we could try it though, it might make some beer money for us.

Cas :)

15. papillon

Indie Author

I did warn you that probably nobody on my site would be interested... :)

16. Roman Budzowski

Indie Author

Maybe add another vendor account? Plimus or esellerate? Or wait until it's released on Reflexive. Sorry to say that, but BMT is probably the choice of cliffski and you, and not many more indies with big user base.

Still, affiliation is dead, because indies think that adding others games is bad for their site, while it's not.

Roman

17. JGOware

Indie Author

C'mon peeps....the best affiliate for a card game is BigFish, and guess what...it's already there. :) If you ain't making your money from that venture, no amount of affiliates is going to help. ;)

18. CasualInsider

CasualInsider New Member

A lot of people are affiliating it through BFG, but like no one is directly through us, and we give a much higher % per sale. :eek:

I don't care though. I just won't bother enabling affiliation on the next game.

Roman, no. BMT is the best, and they deserve my business. I have no intention of selling through anyone else. :)

19. Indinera

Moderator Indie Author

Affiliation is not dead, but people think you can sell a shoot'em up to RPG fans.
    Affiliation is a matter of targetting.

20. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Affiliation is surely dead, indeed counting JUST LAST TWO MONTHS, Hanako sold around 150 of my games and Amanda even more.
    I won't bother putting up affiliation anymore!! :D

Once again I repeat: if you have similar games/audience, affiliates are GOLD.