[ANN] Enlightenus

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SteveZ, Jun 25, 2009.

1. BiboGames

BiboGames New Member

The quality of this game is so high!
    Could we have some numbers on the budget of the game?

2. SteveZ

Indie Author

I can ask but I have a feeling that those who get the cracked version won't even buy it in the first place.

Thanks. There are around 40 of them - took about 4 months to create them all.

Ah, that's confidential. But all I can say is it is by far the most expensive game I have made to date.

3. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Looks great. It's in my To Play list. Congrats on #1. Don't know why you had doubts about pulling off the game after having produced the Forgotten Lands games.

4. SteveZ

Indie Author

Thanks Jake, this game was just very overwhelming to develop - at one time managing 8 freelancers. But it seems to be worth it, this game has the potential to outsell the lifetime sales of my last three titles, combined.

-Steve Z.

5. Shaz

Moderator Original Member

I'll have to play it too. It looks really interesting, with the reverse-hidden-object play.

I loved Forgotten Lands - I still play it daily just to relax (try to beat my time on those bonus levels). Any sign of a sequel?

6. BiboGames

BiboGames New Member

After less that a month the game is now in the 8th position on BFG. I hope that the money invested on the creation of this wonderful game has been already regained. I had thought for a very long permanence on the top positions for that game.

7. SteveZ

Indie Author

Thanks for the props, it's hard to retain top positions with so many *** hidden object / adventure games lately :mad: . I have a feeling it will still cling onto the chart and may even rise in the coming days.

Shaz - yep, FL sequel is in the works, but ever so slowly..

-Steve Z.

8. Sue

Sue New Member

This is a beautiful game. I have played the demo and will be buying it with my next BFGC credit. I'm sure it will go on selling and selling for a long time to come.

How many of you were on the team that created this, or have you done it all yourself?

I notice it is an exclusive at BFG - is this permanent or is it for a certain amount of time, after which you can sell it through other portals?

9. jcottier

jcottier New Member

It just shows that the quality of casual games has skyrocketed in the last 18 months. I think it's going to be pretty rare now to see a title staying in the top 10 for months...

JC

10. BiboGames

BiboGames New Member

But this also mean that maybe it's better to avoid risky productions with great money (and time) investment: if with a relatively low budget game I can do the same as a large budget game...

"Hidden in time, Mirror Mirror" is a low budget game that has done very well recently.

Marco

11. SteveZ

Indie Author

From my experience, the extra time and money invested was worth it - even with BFG fixed 6.99 gcm price point. Within 3 weeks of launch, this game already outsold the lifetime sales of my second best-selling game.

12. jcottier

jcottier New Member

Low budget? Compare to the best HOG may be, but still unafordable for most people on this forum.

JC

13. BiboGames

BiboGames New Member

I think that the budget of Enlightenus is at least 10 time the budget of a game like Hidden in Time.

Hidden in Time was #1 on BFG for at least 30 days! (and I'm still wondering how this could be happened...)

14. CasualInsider

CasualInsider New Member

Sometimes it's just release timing... we're lucky our game released when it did. If it had been released any later it wouldn't had had a chance to get high on the top ten.

15. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Lol, sounds like a nightmare :)