[ANN] Enlightenus

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SteveZ, Jun 25, 2009.

1. SteveZ

Indie Author

I'm proud to announce our next title 'Enlightenus' has just been launched. It is currently available on Big Fish Games for members. You can download the game and watch the video here: http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/5716/enlightenus/index.html

This is a baby project that started in December of 2007 and took 16 months to complete and launch. It was completely scrapped and redone once and had a major overhaul another time. There were days of uncertainty thinking if I can pull off such a game and there were many nights of coding and realizing the sun has risen. Quite a feat to get this title completed and it is my proudest project to date.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

-Steve Z.

2. jcottier

jcottier New Member

Congratz, looks really impressive.

JC

3. zoombapup

Moderator Original Member

Looks very well produced Steve, congratulations.

4. Dyno Kid

Indie Author

Best of luck with this, looks great!

I like the reverse mechanic ie the red heart you have to put onto the ace of hearts card...very nice.

Darren.

5. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Even if I don't like the genre at all, I must admit that the art/visual style makes me willing to download it - so surely you did a good job :cool:

6. Reives Freebird

Reives Freebird New Member

Wow, that's a long dev cycle. Looking good, hope it pays off!

7. ionside

ionside New Member

Congratulations, Steve. It's looking super sweet!

8. Aisle5

Indie Author

Steve, the game looks awesome! Nice job! I can't wait to play it. I'm a big Fish member so I can get it now, but we have about one week of crunch time on our current title. After that, I am all over this game. I've been waiting for this one to come out ever since you had mentioned that you were working on an adventure game. Read the forum at Gamezebo and it seems that everyone loves it! Congrats!

Mike

9. SteveZ

Indie Author

I heard quite a few great things about your upcoming game as well, the name makes me want to purchase it already :)

Thanks for the props. So far reviews on forums have been stellar, it'll be interesting to see how well this game performs!

-Steve Z.

10. SteveZ

Indie Author

11. Aisle5

Indie Author

Congrats on the #1 ranking on Big Fish!!! I played it for an hour so far and it is a terrific game. Nice job and congratulations on the success.

12. jpoag

jpoag New Member

Coming here to make the same exact post. Excellent job.

13. SteveZ

Indie Author

14. BiboGames

BiboGames New Member

Congratulations,
    your game is really beautiful and you are a brave developer. I hope you all the best with the sales on BigFishGames.

Marco

15. Dyno Kid

Indie Author

Well done for #1 !!!

On a serious note after looking on a few sites i kicked Bumps from isnt it about time Portals wrapped games more secure i mean this is a great game no question but to lose 100,000 potential sales to warez idiots is a little too much and it's only just released (10k was from one seed btw on one site).

I'm not saying all those idiots would of purchased but surly a good number would of?

Shame, i know little about DRM but surly guys like BFGs could do more?

Darren.

16. CasualInsider

CasualInsider New Member

No matter what they do it will get cracked... so why bother with DRM at all. :)

17. Popcorn Boy

Original Member

Played nearly all of the hour trial yesterday. I liked it a lot, particularly the "reverse hidden object modes". Clever and fun.

18. PlasticOstrich

PlasticOstrich New Member

Played the demo -- this is a great game that really blended a popular genre with original game play. Congratulations!

19. matibee

Original Member

It does look amazing, I'll try when I get chance... but how about some numbers-- Just how many of those beautiful backdrops are there??

20. SeanTasker

SeanTasker New Member

I downloaded and played the demo for about 40 minutes. It looks great but it ran terribly on my machine. The minimum requirements (from the BFG site)

* CPU: 800 Mhz
    * RAM: 1024 MB
    * DirectX: 9.0
    * Hard Drive: 166 MB

My computer meets this easily, the only exception would be that I don't have any more than a gig of ram (if these specs are minimum). Maybe this would help but I had a pretty poor frame rate for a game of this type.

Nice work though! Some of the artwork reminded me of Myst :)