ANN: Daycare Nightmare

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Sirrus, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Sirrus

Original Member

Injoy Games and Floodgate Entertainment are proud to announce the release of Daycare Nightmare!

Description:
    Baby monsters need love too! In Daycare Nightmare, you care for baby vampires, dragons and other little beasties while their parents are at work. They need feeding and changing, just like human kids. But not just like humans... each monster has a special power you'll need to handle. At the end of each day, you can use your tip money to buy power-ups and monster treats for the next day. There's never been a game that's so cute and so hectic at the same time.

Features:
    - Seven environments including the Cycropolos and the Dragon's Cave.
    - 49 levels to play with five unique monsters.
    - Unlockable powerups like Scaredy Keds and the Nanny Bot!
    - Finish Molly's story... will she make it all the way?

Screenshots:
    Screen1
    Screen2
    Screen3

Download:
    Here

The game is currently exclusive on Yahoo! Games.

Cheers...

2. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Looks nice - my g/f will probably play this later. (No offence, I just don't play games very often).

Who did your graphics?

3. papillon

Indie Author

Baby monsters! My kind of theme. :) Don't know if it's my kind of game (the management/work games generally bore me to tears) but how can I resist taking a look at baby vampires?

4. Game Producer

Moderator Original Member

Oooh... so cute monsters. Nice job!

5. LanceSB

LanceSB New Member

Completed the demo and the game left me a positive impressions. I liked the setting you used, nice animations and sounds. Congrats and good luck with the game!

P.S. recently i had lose and saw the end screen which scared me a lot, especially those funeral music. Is this a great for casual player?

#5 LanceSB, Jul 18, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  6. DGuy

Original Member

I liked the basic game play, similar to Nanny Mania, but unfortunately I did not like it as much as that game.

1) did not like the fact that I could not chain commands: I could not say "Do this, then this, then this, then this, etc." I could only say "Do this. (wait) Now, do this. (wait). Now, do this. (wait), etc. In Nanny I could chain together commands as fast as I could click, and they'd be followed in sequence. In Daycare, I can only give one command at a time.

2) the graphics seemed rough, like they could have used another round or two of refinement.

3) The highlight effect used for babies, area, shopping menu items it too bright an washes-out the thing being highlighted. At least on my Vista machine.

As I said, I like the game play (I think we are seeing the beginnings of a new genre of click-management game: More macro manage, less micro manage) and the theme, but just seems like it could have used some more polish.

7. Sirrus

Original Member

Thanks for the feedback guys...

Chaining: Did this consciously as we felt chained commands for this sort of game left it too easy. It is quite a bit different from regular time management games as you are caring for something throughout the entire level, not like a production line.

Highlight: Yea, it was a program-side highlighting which in the end we should have gone custom. C'est la vie.

Been out: 3 days

End screen: I think people can handle it ;)

Art: Our Oz artist

Cheers...

8. SteveZ

Indie Author

Congrats on releasing the game! Great job with this theme, having the babies pout was a nice fright tactic that kept the player going - and the shop, what can I say about the items :)

Good luck on the sales!

-Steve Z.

9. Sirrus

Original Member

#11 on Yahoo now :)

10. Jesse Hopkins

Jesse Hopkins New Member

---------------

#10 Jesse Hopkins, Aug 8, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  11. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Missed this reelase as I was away. Well done and good luck!

12. flyaflya

flyaflya New Member

It's a hot game now, congratulate, make a game is not difficult, make a hot game is difficult, hope my next game will be hot too.

13. Sirrus

Original Member

Thanks guys!

We are definitely happy with how its doing...