ANN: Bubblomania webgame released!

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by cybermonk, Dec 19, 2006.

1. cybermonk

Original Member

I'm proud to announce that the Bubblomania webgame and website are finally finished!

Bubblomania is a "peaceful 2D shooter", with cute, funky and even slightly psychedelic graphics! The game can be both a relaxing and a thrilling experience, and can be enjoyed by both the casual and more hardcore gamer!

To play Bubblomania go to www.bubblomania.com.

Some screenshots: title screen, in-game action.

Any feedback on the game and the site are of course welcome!

2. oldschool

Original Member

I had some problems but eventually got it to run. It asked me if I wanted to run it, I clicked run. And then it locked Firefox (Bon Echo 2.0.0.1). Didn't run in IE 6.02 either. But it did run in Sea Monkey 1.0.6.

After finally getting to play I didn't get it. Just blow up bubbles and make little bubbles? Not my cup of tea, sorry.

3. zwiTTeR

Original Member

Very simple... but very funny game. Nice backgrounds.

4. cybermonk

Original Member

Some people have reported problems, because the LWJGL engine used is still in beta. This will improve over time! It asks to run because it is a signed applet. It will ask this only on the first run.

Of course there's a lot more to it, but in essence, yes, it has the simplicity of a 2D shooter... I did improve the gameplay now, to evolve faster. This should make the game more interesting and fun. Please also try all 3 of the game modes!

Thanks for the feedback! Does anyone else have comments on the game? I appreciate any feedback so I can improve as a game designer!