ANN: Alawar Releases Snowy: Space Adventure

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by DadTimesTwo, Oct 12, 2004.

1. DadTimesTwo

Original Member

Alawar Entertainment has released Snowy: Space Trip, a side-scrolling platform game starring the heroic white bear from Snowy: Puzzle Islands and Snowy: A Bear’s Adventures.

Snowy’s latest quest rockets him into space to rescue small creatures from an army of mechanical thugs. Since he’s far from the chilly peaks of his native land, Snowy can’t pack his enemies in snow, but he can kick a variety of space junk into the automated brutes to send them reeling across the screen. When the coast is clear, Snowy must grab his new friends and return them to his spaceship. While jump pads are available to help Snowy reach remote areas, he must avoid gun turrets and other hazards.

Like any platform game worth its bits and bytes, Snowy: Space Trip offers several bonuses and a variety of ways to chalk up the highest score. One valuable bonus is the Monster Sweeper, which clears the screen of enemies. Snowy can also use power-ups that increase his speed or make him invulnerable. Bonuses appear when the bear gets rid of an enemy or kicks open one of the crates that drop in at random. Rescuing a long chain of creatures nets Snowy more points.

Alawar’s new game offers three difficulty settings, including an easy mode for kids and a hard mode for arcade veterans who enjoy a challenge.

Snowy: Space Trip takes the bear through four worlds totaling 80 levels. As with Snowy’s previous adventures, the developers at Alias Worlds set out to offer simple, non-violent gameplay set within richly animated environments. From Snowy’s fiery jetpack to the beautifully drawn backgrounds, Alawar hopes Snowy: Space Trip will be as delightful to the eye as it is fun to play.

Screenshots: 1 2 3

Demo: http://www.alawar.com/download/SpaceTrip.exe

CONTACT INFORMATION:
    David Laprad
    Alawar Entertainment
    615-597-8128
    davidlaprad@yahoo.com
    http://www.alawar.com

2. tolik

Original Member

Snowy The Bear is a great mascot!
    (I'm a bit tired of space theme myself though.)

3. Nikster

Original Member

Reminds me a lot like Danger Mouse... but with smaller ears..

4. lowemark

Original Member

I liked the graphical style.

5. tolik

Original Member

I've never seen Danger Mouse before, but when I've checked it I really couldn't distinguish two of them (Snowy vs DM).

This new game does remind me Mappy for some reasons.

It still does have a huge usability issue from the previous part -- it is mostly operated by keyboard, but YOU CAN'T operate most of the interface screens using keyboard.

However a new twist on gameplay instead of cloning the Snow Bros in 1st game is a huge advantage. I liked 2nd game (puzzle) too.

6. DadTimesTwo

Original Member

That's a good point. I noticed that this morning while I played the demo. I'll mention it to Alawar - maybe they'll fix that in a future version.