And a sneak peak at Titan Attacks too

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by princec, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Phil Steinmeyer

Original Member

I'm ambivalent about the challenge stages - they were a bit too easy before, they're ok now.

I do think they need to start just a little easier (It's almost impossible to win the first one or two because you don't have enough power-ups), but then get harder later (once you've got a lot of power-ups, they get kinda easy).

I think the main problem at the moment is the bosses - especially the fact that the bosses arms have so many HP that they're almost impossible to shoot off.

2. Martoon

Original Member

Absolutely fantastic. The visuals are beautiful (retro, with contemporary polish), and the gameplay is great fun.

Suggestion: I redefined my controls to z,x, and right-ctrl (I'm a left-hand move right-hand fire kinda guy). Every time the weapon shop comes up, I have to reposition my hands and re-align my brain. Kinda ruins the whole game trance state. It would be great if left/right also moved your shop selector up and down, and the remapped fire purchased.

3. Phil Steinmeyer

Original Member

I just played the latest PC build.

The pendulum has swung much too far the other way on the challenge stages - they're much too easy. I was perfect on every one, without even being close, until the alien homeworld, where I got sloppy 'cause I was already maxed in all categories with $12K cash to spare.

On the 2nd to last boss (Saturn?) He approached, then sort of jumped to the bottom of the screen, BELOW my guy. Stood there for a couple of seconds as I shot frantically, then died. I lost about 6 shields in this - weird.

Obviously, all alien homeworld levels from about 90 are messed up. It crashed when I got to the last boss.

4. Anthony Flack

Indie Author

Is this still being tested? It sounds like a lot has changed so I downloaded it again. But now I can't play at all - it's just giving me a registration/buy now screen. Except it isn't for sale yet...

5. Phil Steinmeyer

Original Member

Just enter a random address (abc@google.com) when it prompts.

6. princec

Indie Author

I'm testing the nag now too :)

Yes, Saturn boss is currently broken, don't worry about that. Yes, challenge stages need further tuning. I want you to manage to beat them about 50% of the time on average, no matter how skilled you are. The prizes are huge.

Cas :)

7. Savant

Original Member

Yeah, but the huge prizes were fun. A lot of fun. I think making the challenges harder than they were is a mistake, but it's not my game...