Amazing Unity 3D demo

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by whisperstorm, Dec 17, 2008.

1. whisperstorm

Original Member

2. Midnight Synergy

Indie Author

Very cool - except that the music doesn't stop playing even after I close the window. Weird. Time for restart, I guess.

3. princec

Indie Author

Mysteriously refused to download in Opera. Chrome worked ok. I notice that the Unity plug in is 3.2mb.

Then I installed it, restarted Chrome, and helpfully after another lengthy download bar, it says that it's failed to download the latest version of the Unity player which is required. My CPU's running at 100% and typing in Opera is at 1 key every second. There's some nice xmas music twinkling away in the background.

<edit> And now it's mysteriously working in Opera.

Not a great experience so far but promising.

Cas :)

4. Applewood

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I love technology that "just works" ! :S

5. ManuelFLara

Indie Author

@princec: While it should wether display a "browser not supported" or run flawlessly, I think you should try it with a more well-tested browser like Firefox or IE. It should work fine.

6. princec

Indie Author

It did ultimately end up working OK in both Opera and Chrome though the music's still playing and the failure to detect the latest version thing was from Unity itself not the browser.

Wasn't happy with the 100% CPU though I expect that's just this particular demo being badly behaved.

Christmas jingle beginning to get on my nerves now :)

They face an uphill struggle versus Flash and Java and Silverlight though don't they...

Cas :)