Advertising

Discussion in 'Development & Distribution' started by Pogacha, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Pogacha

Original Member

2. jpoag

jpoag New Member

3. Jerrelwilson

Jerrelwilson New Member

RE : Advertising

Hi,

I have many proposal for you but i need your requirement list

In which market you want to do advertisement?
    for which country you want to do it.

Thanks,
    Jerrel wilson

4. Jamie W

Original Member Indie Author

Sorry to crash your thread Pogacha, I'm interested in advertising too, but for iPhone. Be good if we could keep all advertising advice in one place. :)

5. MrPhil

Original Member

[Deleted... wrong thread]

6. Pogacha

Original Member

Thanks jpoag!

Actually it seems a hard question, I can guess no body has success with advertising?

7. Roman Budzowski

Indie Author

You can't buy success with $250, but you might get lucky. Expect to make a loss and you'll do fine. Spend it on adwords, banners, whatever. It won't make you rich, I'd expect it will make you poorer. You can read some articles regarding advertising on my blog.

But if you have $250 a week then that's a totally different story.

8. Pogacha

Original Member

Of course I will invest 250 and if I got earnings, I will reinvest it for sure, but the idea is not lossing more than 250.

9. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

What is the value of a visitor to your site? The problem for me is that I net about $15 per sale. At a 1:100 conversion rate that means that a downloading visitor is worth 15 cents if I'm going to break even. If one visitor in ten completes a download then that means I can spend 1.5 cents. I would spend a little more but those are #'s that are typically a non-starter for advertising sites unless you are working the bottom end of something like Project Wonderful.

My question remains... what is the value of a visitor to your site?

10. Roman Budzowski

Indie Author

You won't make a profit here, sorry. You may end up with a sale or two, but that still will mean -$210 for you. If you treat it as a first step in marketing experience then it might be a good lesson for you. With each lesson it will be less and less expensive for you to advertise and one day you will make a profit :)

11. jpoag

jpoag New Member

@Jamie W. Appvee.com is a good place to get a review for your App. I usually head over there before I buy an iPhone App or to get good recommendations for games.

@ Roman: I agree. It is possible to see returns on $250, but only with the right investments and lots of time. For instance, I have one ad that I spent $200 on over a year ago and I just recently broke even on it. If you don't have good customer retention (let's say that all you do it send someone to your site with the ad) then you'll never recoup the 250.

@lennard : Right. If you do decide to do Adwords or Facebook ads, you'll notice that 0.15 CPC isn't competitive enough to really get any traffic. On Facebook your ad will probably never get run (Adwords will run, but will be slow).

@Roman (again): I agree again. Try spending small bits at a time trying to get a better understanding of the process while you learn the ropes.

@Pogacha: make sure you are asking for emails from your customers downloading the game. Remember, you paid for them to come to your site. Also, try adding a cross-sell screen at the end of your game with an affiliate link. If they don't buy your game, maybe you can still make money from them buying someone else's.

12. mrkwang

mrkwang New Member

If you could specify exact articles link, I'd be really appreciated.
    (I visited your blog again yesterday, but not sure exactly what to read.)

Thanks.

13. hippocoder

Indie Author

advertising is much more effective if you have multiple product lines and try hard to keep the customer.