Advertising in the Indie Game Mag

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by GnadeGames, Jan 5, 2009.

1. GnadeGames

Original Member

The IndieGameMag is looking for advertisers for the next issue. Our advertising rates are as follows for the next issue:

$20 -Full Page Print Ad
    $10 -1/2 Page Print Ad
    $30 -60 day Web Banner

Full Page Ad + Web Banner Bundle: $40

The Print Ads appear in the physical magazine and the digital version. The magazine is carried on MagazineLine.com, Magazines.com, and soon will be featured on Zinio.com. Issue 2 has sold over 50 single issues and we have over 50 physical/digital subscribers. The magazine is still relatively new, so we are still working on exact numbers but the response has been positive. In our first 2 months we had approx 25,000 unique visitors to the website and have a decent subscriber base (~100). The first two issues will be hitting Zinio.com soon which should expand readership.

I hope Indie Developers and Game Service Companies will continue to support the magazine. Advertising allows us to market the site/magazine and also subsidize subscriptions to get the magazine into more people's hands. If anyone knows of other advertising solutions that we could take advantage of, please advise below.

If you are interested please pm me or email me at: mike[AT]indiegamemag[dot]com

2. Julio Gorge

Original Member

We might be interested, when is the next issue planned to come out?

3. GnadeGames

Original Member

The magazine is bimonthly. The next issue should be available around Feb 15th.

4. Cevo70

Cevo70 New Member

Nice - I will be interested, just not until Q3. :) Keep me in the ol' rolodex. :)

5. princec

Indie Author

Must you use paypal :( I really, really, hate using paypal. It gives me no end of trouble and hassle (to which end, I still haven't been able to purchase a subscription). Perhaps you could set up a BMTMicro product instead?

Perhaps we could sell subscriptions as affiliates? :)

Cas :)

6. BIGZIPZ

Original Member

Cracking idea, that.

7. GnadeGames

Original Member

Both Issues are now available to be sold by Affiliates via BMT Micro.
    just use these links plus your affiliate ID or search the BMT catalog (category= games & diversions):

https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Orders.ShoppingCart?CID=4278&PRODUCTID=42780002

https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Orders.ShoppingCart?CID=4278&PRODUCTID=42780003

I hope that many of you will start selling the single issues.

Sorry, but for now Paypal is the only payment option for subscriptions.

8. princec

Indie Author

Excellent! But I'm sure BMTMicro will be able to accomodate subscriptions: just set up a 1 year subscription product, and manage the renewals yourself. That's what I want to sell.

9. GnadeGames

Original Member

BMT doesn't have any sort of automated renewal...Plimus does....

I'm looking into it. I'll let you know.

10. princec

Indie Author

Ask BMT to sort it out. By the time a years subscription is up they're bound to have implemented it for you :)

Besides... automated renewals... hmm. Can be unpopular. Might be best if you managed it manually to begin with.

But in the meantime give us an affiliate product for a years sub! (What commission?)

11. GnadeGames

Original Member