A note on the upgrade and post/thread moderation for new users

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by svero, Apr 7, 2011.

1. svero

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

OK. So as you may know, new users are required to have their initial posts approved by moderators. That was a policy that was put in place due to a high volume of spam. (particularly nasty spam I might add.) Unfortunately along with that there were some technical problems that should now be resolved.

However it does mean that if you had a post that was not approved for some reason, it is likely gone. So please re-post if that is the case and with the new system in place it should be approved fairly quickly.

The moderation strategy has also been changed for new users from this point forward (or until spam becomes an issue again). New users will now go back to the previous format of a 48 hr lurker period and not require moderation.

Apologies to those people who were frustrated waiting for their posts to be approved.

2. HarryBalls

HarryBalls New Member

The new forum enhancements look good.

3. lennard

It's going to take me awhile to get used to but it's great that you guys fixed it so newcomers can get on faster again. Much appreciated.

4. Reactor

Nice, thanks for the updates Svero! I think it'll take me a bit to get used to the new look, but I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually ;)

5. svero

As noted in the other threads we'll continue to tweak the look. A lot of the forum skins aren't ported to the latest version yet, limiting options.

6. Reactor

Yeah, thanks. I noticed the other discussions after I posted here :)