A new video for our Episodic FPS

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Purplefacegames, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Purplefacegames

Purplefacegames New Member

Hey there people.

I made a reveal trailer for my WW2 Zombie shooter called ALTERNATE. I was wandering if i could have some feedback. Tell me what you guys think, and if you want any background information on the game just check out www.purplefacegames.com/alternate

Thanks for everyones valued opinions and critics.

Luis

VIDEO:

[video]http://youtu.be/Ht7KMDV2JKM[/video]

2. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Hi Luis... as a guy who grew up reading Weird War comics this is up my alley - I like zombies and WWII. Your video isn't ready for prime time though - half way through the video I was waiting for it to be done. I'd can that techno music you are using. I also wouldn't describe it as an episodic adventure - make something short and super compelling and then I, as a user, will tell you that I want more. Starting out with telling me this is an episodic game just feels like I'm going to be shelling out more money as time goes by. As a user, if I dig your game, I'll do that naturally so you can skip that message before I'm even hooked. Which gets to the most important point - those zombies with gas masks are kinda cool but overall... not there yet.

3. Nutter2000

Original Member Indie Author

Looks good
    Btw you've misspelt Alternate on your website you're missing an 'L' ;-)
    Which also means your url you've put in your post doesn't work.

4. Purplefacegames

Lol holy poo! I cant believe I mispelt my games name, thanks for the haeds up Nutter2000.

as for your feedback lennard, i really apreciate your precise gripes with it and will defently get rid of that techno lol :) plus nice thinking on the "Episodic" comment, smart marketing :)

Thank you both :)

5. Purplefacegames

Link now works thanks to the heads up on my amazing Grammer!

6. Nutter2000

Original Member Indie Author

Lol no probs

7. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Hi Luis, thanks for taking my comments in the spirit they were intended. I've got a bunch of stuff coming out this year and my head is definitely in that "what makes this product unique and worth a consumers time" kind of space.

Good luck with your game.