8-Bit Commando

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by dopeman, Oct 17, 2010.

1. dopeman

dopeman New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Hey everybody, I'm excited to announce that a new public beta is out! This version includes an online hiscore and many new features:

download beta 0.2.1

The final version of the game is almost ready. All feedback is much appreciated.

#21 dopeman, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. histvan89

histvan89 New Member

This retro style is really popular nowadays! Your game looks fantastic, it reminds me on a game which name I can't remember, but is was something ***combat or ***commando, or something like that:)

3. HarryBalls

HarryBalls New Member

Congratulations on the beta release. Once you come out of beta will you charge for the game or offer it for free?

4. dopeman

dopeman New Member

Hey Harry, thanks for the reply. Yes, the game will probably be going on sale for a few bucks by the end of May/early June (it may be coming to several portals, but I'm not sure yet). Take care, Ivan

5. dopeman

dopeman New Member

New public beta demo 0.2.2 is out.
    Updates include:
    -continuation points
    -added difficulty modes ('easy' and 'normal')
    -a large number of bug fixes
    -you can now get the powerup on top of the orange building :)

Download: http://2dengine.com/commando/ ~11 MB

Screen from level 5:
    [​IMG]

6. dopeman

dopeman New Member

Hey, everybody. We're excited to announce that today, after nearly 12 months of developement, the game was officially released for both Windows and MacOS!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Full version includes:
    - 6 levels of intense action
    - local coop multiplayer
    - beautiful retro graphics
    - online hiscore system
    - a rocking chiptunes soundtrack

download 8-Bit Commando

7. electronicStar

Original Member

How many people worked on this?
    I know from experience that despite the very classic look, this must have been a lot of work.

8. dopeman

dopeman New Member

Hey, electronicStar. Yes, it took almost a full year to complete the game. Our dev team consists of 2 people. The pixel art took a LOT of work. It's fun at the beginning but after the 3/4th month you want to gouge your eyes out. :)

9. electronicStar

Original Member

yeah hats off to you

10. dopeman

dopeman New Member

Hi everybody. I'm looking for some help in localizing the game to different languages. In return, I'd send you a full version of the game. The game has only about 200-300 words of text. In particular, I'm looking for native speakers in the following languages: Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German and Japanese although if you speak some other language we might work something out. If anybody is interested, please send me a PM.

11. dopeman

dopeman New Member

Thanks to the laborious efforts of Phil, the Linux version of 8-Bit Commando is going to be released soon. Before we can do that, we need to get some feedback from Linux gamers. Please try out the demo version and post your feedback here or on our forums ( http://2dengine.com/forum/ ) so we can make sure everything is working. Looking forward to any replies, especially if the game fails to run on your machine.

Download Linux i386 demo
    http://2dengine.com/commando/8Bit_Commando_Demo_i386.tar.bz2