40% affiliate BFG deal?

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Scurvy Lobster, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Scurvy Lobster

Scurvy Lobster New Member

Hi!

It's been some time since I used the BFG Principal Network Partner affiliate system. Checking it today I see that the rate has gone from 25% up to 40% for the affiliate according to the PNP frontpage: https://pnp.bigfishgames.com/ (the Flash movie)

When I used the system about a year ago they announced the bump from 25% to 40% but does anyone know if this ever came to be?

2. Maupin

Original Member

It says "up to 40%."

For every new customer you bring to Big Fish Games through an affiliate link, you get 25% of every purchase that customer goes on to make, even ones in the future that result from them following someone else's link or buying directly from Big Fish Games.

If you only host Big Fish Games on your site (none of your own games or those from other affiliate programs) you can request the 40% rate. In that case, I think it applies solely to those specific sales generated from your site. So, for example, if that customer goes on to buy lots of games from Big Fish Games directly, you'd only get 25% for those future purchases, even though you got 40% for the first purchase the customer made from your site.

3. Scurvy Lobster

Scurvy Lobster New Member

Ok, that cleared some things for me. The 25% for lifetime does actually sound better than the instant 40%. Thanks for answering :)