3D Twin-Stick Brawler, Godot

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by AcetheSuperVillain, Sep 23, 2018.

1. AcetheSuperVillain

AcetheSuperVillain New Member

So I'm mostly a 3D animator now, but I used to make Flash Games. For a long time, I've wanted to make 2.5D brawler games, like Golden Axe or River City Ransom, but I think this 2-way format is confusing for new gamers. Recently, I've been really enjoying twin stick dungeon crawling games, like Overture, Enter the Gungeon, Feral Fury, Starward Rogue and especially Streets of Rogue, so I want to try combining some aspects of both.

I'm using Godot. I tried to use Unity, but my god do I hate its guts. It's a shame because Unity has a lot of nice features, and a big community, but I feel like every time I use it, I'm wasting time on some silly problem that it is inventing for itself. If anyone here is interested in Godot development, hopefully we can help each other out.

I'll update with images and videos as I get more done. Right now, here is a preview I made for the first characters: [​IMG]
    I'm hoping the game will eventually have a race-class system, and you can mix and match features in your character. So these are the kitsune race in the martial artist jobclass.