[2D Game Art for Programmers] - tutorials for free graphic tools inkscape and gimp

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by DayDream, Oct 12, 2011.

1. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Chris, the images in your last post aren't showing up for me. The block buddies are cool - would like to see some top down critters done in the same style (army, medieval heros, medieval critters).

2. Applewood

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

And there is still an open full time permie job offer on the table should you need it...

3. ryansumo

ryansumo New Member

Hmm, none of the pictures on this thread are showing up for me.

re: the inkling, it sounds super cool in principle but I'm highly suspicious of how useful it'll really be. Getting the positioning right and trying to remember how many layers I'm using in my head sounds like a nightmare to me.

4. DayDream

Indie Author

I am sorry guys... The spriteattack.com domain has been moved and I have not completely uploaded all the files to the new server... It should be working again... :)

#24 DayDream, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  5. ryansumo

ryansumo New Member

Wow those are some really great tutorials. I've been a freelance artist for a while, so I'm a little hopeful that not everyone picks up on this though. :p

I don't know if you've discussed or want to discuss this at all, but I'm interested to know why you're closed for business?

6. SLotman

Original Member Indie Author

Amazing stuff! Just wish I had half of your talent for doing graphics :)

7. DayDream

Indie Author

Thanks guys... and the main reason for 'shutting down office' are ongoing health issues that make it hard to take on bigger project...

I just did a new tutorial that might be interesting - 'Working with bitmap output in mind':

[​IMG]