2019 New Business - Mobile or Steam (PC) ?

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Devian, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Devian

Devian New Member

Hello community !
    For a new Business in Game Development, which platform is better to start with and why ? Mobile (Appstore, Google Play) or PC (Steam) ?

Also:
    Which strategy will have more chances to assure a ”sustainable” income and a company growth ?

1. A medium quality FPS game (good, almost realistic graphics, decent story but definitely not a AAA game), with no marketing budget, published on steam. (Team: 5 developers and 5 salary.)
    2. 5-6 Hyper Casual games with good quality graphics and mechanics (at least 2-3 of them with new and original mechanics), with a good marketing strategy ? (Team: 2 developers and 2 salary.)

Tough choice, I know :D
    Thank you in advance for all your feedback ;)

2. AdrianG001

AdrianG001 New Member

I would like to recommend you the second option as it will be having very low operating/development cost and less expenses over salaries of developer. I would also suggest using virtual desktop rather than relying on traditional PCs this will definitely slash your infrastructure cost. Apart from it with a hardcore online marketing plan it would be very easy to build the gaming audience quickly in less period of time.

Regards,
    Adrian Gates
    Developer - Apps4Rent

3. Albert Banda

Albert Banda New Member

I think Adrian's advice is very cautionary and not misplaced. However, I would also like to say that if you develop your game projects right, any of those mediums will work out for you. To answer your question directly, I lean towards PC because of sheer consumer numbers and spending habits.

4. JoyFreak

JoyFreak New Member

Hi,

I would highly recommend mobile, it's more a popular device and then PC is next to that.

5. cynthiadavis2412

cynthiadavis2412 New Member