$1,000,000.00 indie game...

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Merx, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Merx

Indie Author

That's right my next game is going on sale for the bargain price of 1 Million dollars.

Well I have noticed a trend with my games I only manage to sell a few copies so why not make sure those 1 or 2 sales are worth it!

So if you know any billionairs/oil barons/saudi shakes, they could own a copy of one of the most exclusive indie games on the planet..

Not that I'm trying to start an indie price war :p ;)

2. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Will there be a collectors edition?

3. Merx

Indie Author

Depending on demand I could certainly consider a collectors edition with a T-Shirt and maybe a collectable solid gold action figure, in a diamond encrusted platinum case... but that of course would cost considerably more than the downloadable version, just for postage, packing, insurance ect! ;)

4. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

If you market it at wealthy megalomaniacs, you could make it look like this...

[​IMG]

:)

5. Indiepath

Indiepath New Member

Is it available to pre-order?

6. Merx

Indie Author

If only I could afford the 3D Vector 'Classic' Megalomanicas Aracde Table with adjustable Electro Shock feedback technology.

I could consider it an option, maybe for the classic collectors edition.

Pre-order would have to be made direct to me and due to market currency fluctuations I would only consider gold as payment, about 22 x 1 kg bars should cover the cost's nicely with the final balance to be paid upon reciept!

Please let me know when you want to place your pre-order ;)

7. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I see you've quickly changed 3 bars to 22 bars. Gold is only £27,283.16 per kilogram at the moment. ;)

I once read about a person who paid for a house in gold bars. He carried them to the bank. £250,000 worth is not actually that heavy, and could be carried in two trips.

It would have been quite something to witness. "I want to buy a house please" <clunk> "I'm paying in gold".

#7 Jasmine, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  8. Merx

Indie Author

Yes decided that a higher down payment would allow for more choice in the desert island purchasing and hiring of security staff ;)

9. Applewood

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

When Great Little War Game goes live, I'm having this one - so hands off!

10. AlexWeldon

AlexWeldon New Member

Just don't get mugged on the way!

11. Olofson

Original Member

OTOH, if you do get mugged, the mugger isn't going to be very swift on his feet after the fact! :D

12. AlexWeldon

AlexWeldon New Member

Well, £27,283.16 per kilo, £250,000 in two trips, you're only carrying 5 kg per trip. Unless you're really out of shape, that's not going to slow you down that much.

13. meds

meds New Member

I'd just post the gold. I find the postal service is the most reliable government funded initiative.

14. Grey Alien

Indie Author

Don't wait until the game is finished before putting it on sale, offer the alpha at 50% off for $500,000.

15. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Assuming the software is transferable then selling the alpha for 500K makes it a hell of an investment. You should round up some kind of completion insurance for the investor, at that point you are offering a great ROI in a market where anything above 2% is hard to come by.

16. joulimousis

joulimousis New Member

Call me an idiot, but I must know how long the game is before spending 1M on it.
    So, how many hours of gameplay does it have?

17. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

1kg bars wouldn't be very big either, as gold is 2.5 times the density of iron.

A 1kg gold bar would be pretty much the same size as an ipod touch. Not like the house bricks you see in the movies!

[​IMG]
    The 1940 smelt from the Weigenhaler foundry at Essen. Part of a smelt of six hundred.

18. AlexWeldon

AlexWeldon New Member

Yep. I was in Quebec city a couple years ago and one of the museums was having an exhibition on gold. Among other things, they had a 1 kg bar you could pick up. Impressively dense and, as you say, about the size of one of the larger iPods. With a jacket and pants, you could easily carry around five or six in your pockets.

They also had $1,000,000 worth of gold, cast in the shape of a giant "loonie" (that's the Canadian $1 coin). That, you could not carry so easily. :)

19. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

The bar in the picture, comparing it to Goldfinger's shoes, I estimate to weigh around 10kg, about the same as a 14 inch crt monitor.

If Mr Bond had really carried that around in his jacket, I imagine it would have hung just a little lopsided. ;)

20. Stropp

Stropp New Member

Bond's jacket was probably modified by Q. ;)