Finished Windows bug fixes, please test the new version, thanks!
Rage of Magic II is a fantasy anime-styled side-scrolling beat-em up game with features like full screen super attacks, combo moves, power-ups and lots of enemies. I've finished the changes from the closed beta test. Now I'm releasing an open beta for everyone to try out! It's available on PC, Mac, Linux and Web! Please download it and let me know what you think!
- Windows (21MB Exe) - Joystick support, no Java required, NT/XP/2K Only.
- Mac (21MB Zip) - requires Java 1.4
- Linux (21MB Jar) - requires Java 1.4
- Online! (7MB Applet)- requires Java 1.4
- Splash Screen
- Main Menu
- Player Select
- Gallery (Wren)
- Arena Mode
- Nag Screen
- Arcade Mode: 1 2
- more screenshots and movies ...
Closed Beta Changes (Initials of Tester):
- All spoken dialogs fit in one box (ALL)
- Controls changed back to normal ARROWS and WASD (LJV)
- Player 2 is defaulted to all NUMPAD keys
- Chapter progress shown between levels (LJV)
- Tutorial and Practice improved, shows all keys exactly (ALL)
- Easier to skip movies press ESCAPE (BF)
- All "Buy" changed to "Get" (BF)
- All "Register" changed to "Upgrade" (BF)
- Action-packed final nag screen (BF)
- Level 2 made slightly easier (BF)
- Level 4 made slightly easier (LJV)
- Clerics HP and healing power increased (IM)
- Thomas HP increased, attacks strengthened (IM)
- Thomas protection missions made slightly easier (IM)
- Azrael and Wren super and panic attacks strengthened (IM)
- Fixed Lucette panic attack penalty (IM)
- Fixed trial continue bug (IM)
- Checks to see if more than one instance is running.
- Tutorial always at startup, unless disabled.
- Added new final big-boss character!!
- Backgrounds too repetitive ($$$)
- Increase resolution of sprites, some sprites ugly ($$$, too late)
- Mouse support (too hard, not yet)
- Voices are not good (my voice!)
- Sprites sometimes jittery when overlapping
- Mac can’t do 512x384, centers on 640x480