Thread: Top 5 places to send press release

Default Top 5 places to send press release

OK, so i just copied the subject style from someone else's thread but you get the idea... A couple of years ago I used to send press release and news articles to some game sites and I'd see a small short-term spike in sales which was rewarding. Then it seemed exposure & sales from download sites were much more worthwhile so I didn't really keep up with the press release/news/announcements stuff. I'm hoping to catch up in that area now.

So, are there any good casual/shareware games news sites that publish press releases? or generally any websites that have a good community of users that will actually take notice of game updates/news stories. I do realise that a true press release should be sent out far and wide to anyone who might possibly take notice but I'm wondering if there are also a few important ones out there that require special attention.

I'm referring more to casual/puzzle style games but don't want the question to be too closed for other suggestions.
    Paul - Shoecake Games - http://www.shoecakegames.com

Default Casual Games

There isn't a single site specifically for casual games, not in the press release -> news posting standpoint.

The shotgun press release approach is best because some editor SOMEWHERE may be interested in your product (for whatever reason). That, of course, requires hiring me.

There are some that cover indie games though, so you want to make sure you send something to:

Gametunnel
    DIY Games
    TIGSource
    Bytten
    and Gamersinfo.net

Those would be the 5 most likely to do something with a casual game press release (and Greg over at DIY hasn't had an update in ages so the next best would be submitting to Gamespress)

Keep in mind VGsmart will write AND release your press release to a list of 850-950 editors (depending on game type) for $100, making us the cheapest and most effective you'll find for this type of thing.

Or it comes free with a 100 dollar donation to the "VGsmart Moves to Oregon fund" ;-)

-Joe
    Joseph Lieberman
    Video Game Marketing Service
    w: Video Game Marketing
    Book Blog: Indie Game Marketing Book
    e: webmaster@vgsmart.com

Or it comes free with a 100 dollar donation to the "VGsmart Moves to Oregon fund" ;-)
    Yeah, the #1 best place to send a press release is: VGsmart.

Another vote for VGsmart
    And then use Promosoft to blitz all the download sites.
    After that, hit a few choice forums. But any other effort is largely a waste of time. By getting Joseph to do all the gruntwork and Promosoft to automate the tedious submission process you basically free up a couple of weeks of pointless angst which you can then use as you please.

Cas

thanks for the replies and thanks to Joe for the short-list. I was after a bit of advice for myself but also hoping the thread will prove useful for anyone searching the forum in the future.

Joe: I'll be in touch soon regarding VGsmart services. I'm sure we can do some business
    Paul - Shoecake Games - http://www.shoecakegames.com