Thread: GT Logo (wave 2)

Default GT Logo (wave 2)

Second wave: http://www.gametunnel.com/images2/gt2_wave.jpg

(and the original: http://www.gametunnel.com/images/GT_logo.jpg)

I've continued showing images to everyone I can think of...other than this forum the thoughts are not nearly as unanimous, which has me wondering. I have received quite a bit of feedback stating that only one or two make people think of a tunnel...

Appreciate any further feedback.

In my opinion, this batch resembles the first batch in that one logo (lower left this time) has a nice, readable font that pops off the page, while the rest do not.

I'd like to see the text of the lower left logo combined with the tunnel art in the upper right logo. I think that could be a winner.
    - Drake J.G. Chapman
    Rabidlab - Dodge That Anvil!

Wow, I was going to say something almost exactly the same, except to combine the text of the lower left logo with the background dot art of the one in the middle right.. though combining with the upper right instead could look just as slick.

I like the top and bottom left logos. If push come to shove i'd say the bottom left too. That one would work better for banners too.

The top left one, has the letters a little bit to squashed together but with some minor modification to that, it would be my first choice instead.

Those two logos look professional too!

Hope this helps,
    Digriz.

Like Drake, I'd like the text of the bottom left logo combined with the tunnel dot art of the top left logo.

Same as Drake said: Lower Left Text w/ Upper Right Circles.

Just flip the circles vertically so you can see the opening of the tunnel above the word "Game".

I think the font of the bottom left plus the design of the bottom right is a winner.

Hmmm, not a big fan of any of those. If I had to mix and match, I'd go with DGuy.

Top right is my favourite, but it could do with having more readable text. Possibly combine lower left with it, as others mentioned.

Bottom left is very smart and stylish. I'd avoid any of the ones with round drops if you can, because it makes it very difficult to have nice linkbuttons.

Square stuff fits in things far more easily
    Nick
    Moonpod
    Have an arcade near you? List its games at The Arcade Locator Project!

I don't like either one of the new batch - as they don't say "game" in anyway and the tunnel idea is lost in some graphic shapes - could be used from racing teams to icecream but it's nothing gaming ralted imho.

I would take the top right and do the following:

- Adjust the tunnel image background so it looks more like a tunnel. Faux-3D or whatever, try and give it some depth. Have it look like the text is coming out of the tunnel.
    - Alter the font to be more readable (and maybe alter the shading and color of it also). Maybe move the 'tunnel' word to the left a bit.

I don't know why you are paying some random logo artists to create logos for you ....

Also, each of those logos looks like it took 5 minutes to design. There is no logic or feeling or idea behing any of them. (No offense to the artists.)
    Last edited by Omega; 08-12-2005 at 02:14 PM.

I was holding this since the first competition, but Omega said it for me, i totally agree with him, those logos dont communicate very well, they just look "swooshy" and shiny. Absolutelly no offense meant.

Two more from the person who made what was this forums favorite the first time (the top row from the old set of images)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Red face Whoa!

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus_zuo
    Two more from the person who made what was this forums favorite the first time (the top row from the old set of images)
    Whoa! That makes me dizzy! My vote is a resounding "NO!"

Make the Spiral in the 2nd new one to look more like a G, and remove the blurr effects. Though this might not add emotion or feeling of Game Tunnel in there, but at least, it won't make us dizzy. It does evoke the most emotion of any logo so far, though.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus_zuo
    I kinda like them, but wouldn't it be better to make the "swirl" more solid and the "particles" blurrier? I agree with Sonicron's assesment of the current versions... Kinda dizzying.

The problem with these logos is that they don't even apply to any business, never mind his. They are too generic. Yes, it's probably bad if your logo looks like, say, one for a flower shop, but at least it looks like SOMETHING. These logos look like nothing other than somebody being given an assignment to draw the words game tunnel around a big capital G, with different block/color variations. And, that's exactly what all the examples are! I wouldn't call any of them a logo. Just web header art.