After 5 years, I feel like I have this down to a science.
I use webmail and a program called "Castle Paste Pro" to have all my common replies ready from a simple drop-down. And before I try to take on a technical problem, I always get their dxdiag report first, using the following blurb
It's usually pretty easy to diagnose the problem from there....There's a good chance I can help, but I need to know a little about your PC.
The easiest way to do that is to run DX-Diag, and send me the results.
1. From the start menu, do Start->Run
2. In the little box, type in "DXDiag" and click "OK"
3. DXDiag will run for a minute or two.
4. Click on "Save All Information" then click "Save"
5. It will create a file called "DXDiag.txt" on your desktop, send that file to me. It doesn't reveal any personal nformation, just the technical data for your PC.
If you use outlook, you can just add all your common replies as signatures, and insert them in that way. TheBat! has an even better system, called "quick templates".