Thread: Starling API

Default Starling API

Hi all, I've just finished a stand alone Endless Empires game. I used the FlashPunk and MinimalComps libraries but I'm feeling a bit constrained by FlashPunk so I'm contemplating switching to Starling for my next title. Anybody have any experience with Starling?

I had the same feeling using Flixel. Still a great framework but it just didn't fit me I guess. I moved to Starling for my current project (shameless plug http://www.machine22.com/bretairborne/) and it's exactly what I needed. The possibility to use Stage3D without having to know anything about it ...

Haven't encountered any big problem with it, easy to learn, active community, nice extensions. If you prefer to be "closer" to the root of the code like me then it's a nice option.

Thanks for that.

For the single player version of Endless Empires I have extended Minimal Comps to work better with Flashpunk - not a major time sync. but a consideration as I will be needed scrolling lists for future titles as well.

Will make up my mind in the next couple of days - I expect a day spent trying to get a few things on the screen wouldn't be a bad idea...