[FILLED] Talented Pixel Artist / Spriter Needed For iBeg - A Game About Homelessness
A Vancouver based game development studio has an immediate opening for a 2D pixel artist. This is a contract freelance position (must have your own equipment and tools). The contract is short term (approximately 1 – 2 months) and is ideal for artists that have experience with the pixel art style and sprite based animation. The ideal candidate has strong technical and artistic skills and is able to produce quality art assets at a moderately fast pace. Telecommuting is allowed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ability to create and implement final quality game-ready assets
• Ability to produce quality art assets in a timely manner
• Managing the art pipeline and integration of game assets
• Experience working as an effective member of a distributed team
• Ability to provide accurate time estimates for tasks
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills
• Must be willing to work via online resources (Trello, Google Drive, Skype)
• Solid visual design sense with the ability to take criticism
• Proficient animation skills and familiarity with sprite-based animation
• Self-managed and self-directed
• Completion of an Art & Design Program, or equivalent industry experience
• Comprehensive and detailed portfolio of relevant artwork
Please submit your resume and cover letter, subject: “Pixel Artist Application” along with a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
We are working on a mobile game called "iBeg", which simulates the life of a homeless person living on the streets of Vancouver, BC. Players step into the shoes of a homeless person in order to see the harsh realities and difficult circumstances that homeless people deal with on a day-to-day basis. This is a low budget project, being made by a very small team, and we also plan to donate a significant amount of the proceeds from the game towards charitable organizations in Vancouver that help the homeless. If this seems like something you would like to be a part of, please check out the links below:
Story Trailer -
Gameplay Trailer -
And here are some of the characters you would be working with!
Last edited by cworboys; 01-21-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Reason: Position Filled