Thread: Dr Mal: Practice of Horror

Lightbulb Dr Mal: Practice of Horror

Hello.

New game has been released; Dr Mal: Practice of Horror.

PC version
    Mac version

Screenshots:

Last edited by Desktop Gaming; 02-14-2014 at 05:31 AM.
    Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun PC | Mac
    Dr Mal: Practice of Horror PC | Mac
    Crime Solitaire PC | Mac | iOS

I agree about the art direction comment only in that it might skew more male and I'm not sure who your core audience is. That said, I think it looks terrific.

Thanks guys. Yeah it was always a bit of a risky theme! It's not doing as well as i'd like (i think what lennard said has some substance to it, plus a halloween release would have been better) but i had a blast making it. My sense of humor has been described as 'warped' and i put a lot of silliness in the game to give it a 'comedy [mild] horror' theme (i love stuff like Carry on Screaming, Shaun of the Dead and goofy stuff like that).

I also had Ed Mace do the voice-overs. That was fun too and he really brought Dr Mal to life.

So however it works out in terms of sales, i've built relationships with some great people!
    Last edited by Desktop Gaming; 02-14-2014 at 05:35 AM.

Well, if that matters, I enjoyed it much more than Crime Solitaire and I think that intro is awesome for the resources available/used

I really like the fact that the theme is not as sick as it was in Unwell Mel (I wasn't able to play it because of it).

I think one problem might be that the title of the game doesn't really sound like a Solitaire game (or any kind of card game). So if I'm looking for a solitaire game, how likely is it that I will find this one? The title makes it sound more like a Halloween point and click adventure or something like that.
    Bruno Campolo, Bantam City Games
    Invadazoid - My Mediocre Blog - Follow me on Twitter

This game was so much fun to voice and Dave's direction was invaluable. A great sense of humor too! I'd work with Desktop Gaming again in an instant. The game was the #1 solitaire card game on Big Fish!!

Excuse the thread necromancy, but Dr Mal has just been released over at Zylom.com in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Swedish and Dutch. Just the PC version for now - Mac versions to follow shortly.