Thread: An Introduction

Default An Introduction

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Alla Podkopaeva, but I prefer to go by Baus online.

I am currently in the middle of developing a text/image-based pet simulation game in the PBBG genre. This is going to be my first game, so I'm just looking to learn, mostly - but of course financial success would be great as well. I do not program or do art/design, but I have a hired team of paid contractors and volunteers that I am working with that do have the necessary skills. The concept is mine, and I am essentially managing all the different pieces involved in bringing it to life.

The game doesn't have much of it completed yet, however the one piece I can show is the graphics on the home page, which are direct from gameplay: http://libertygame.org

I'm new here, a girl, and most likely much younger than everyone else here from what I've been able to gauge from forum posts. I really hope to be able to learn from your expertise and get a little bit away from how cooped up the developers in my genre usually are.

The benefit of PBBGs is that they are freemium community subscription games, so I essentially have as many chances as I want to tweak and improve the game based on player feedback once we are live. I am hoping to go live with an Alpha version by mid-spring next year.
    Creator of relationship-based online Realistic Horse Simulation Game, Liberty.
    Currently in development, the game allows you to own and bond with horses.

Liberty Horse Game || Twitter Tracker

Hi. I commented on your other comment but can't see it now. Anyhow, I think you are on to something. If your game is at all fun I expect my 11 year old daughter will be an early adopter.

Hi Baus,

I went to your home page, and thought after a quick glance, "oh, nothing but a photograph here..." Then I read your post and realized, oh, not a photograph, graphics. What are you using to make it, it looks really good!

Hi Lennard and Inverse.

lennard, I'm actually aiming for a bit of an older teen demographic... anyone below 13 falls under COPPA jurisdiction in the US, and there are legal issues with that market unfortunately. But with regards to your daughter - what I don't know won't hurt me.

inverse, thank you for the compliment! The horse is hand-drawn in photoshop, and the background is a 3D-generated landscape. I'm flattered it was mistaken for a photo!
    Creator of relationship-based online Realistic Horse Simulation Game, Liberty.
    Currently in development, the game allows you to own and bond with horses.

Liberty Horse Game || Twitter Tracker