My friend was hosting a Game In A Day challenge over on his blog, and I decided to enter the contest with my project; "Shadows: The Darkness" which is a point & click adventure game where you play as this boy named Timothy Randall who has recently passed away, and is trying to get himself resurrected so he can go take care of his severely ill sister.
- Shadows is a Puzzle/Adventure game with some unique twists.
A huge plethora of puzzles, and dungeons to cause the player to think before attempting them.
- Most of the puzzles contain riddles to help solve them, others require straight thinking.
- A multitude of characters that you will meet, and hopefully grow to like.
- All dialogue is text based, allowing the player to imagine what the characters may sound like.
- Created in the Dream Maker engine.
- The game has no combat, and your encounters will be based around the puzzles, and the way you interact with the world.
- A single-player adventure.
- The requirements to play Shadows are extremely low. Any PC should be able to run it.
- You will need the BYOND gaming engine to run this game, which you can find here - www.byond.com
All information on the game, as well as the download URL can be found here - http://www.indiedb.com/games/shadows-the-darkness