Thread: Resources

Default Resources

Does anyone know of any good books or resources for learning to draw buildings and environments and learning how to animate? I'm feeling a little lost and I'm not sure where to look. Thank you!

Are you interested in animation the traditional way or through a software? If via software, there's a list here and here (scroll down to Art Animation and Spriting).

As for drawing buildings and environments, you'll have to pick up some perspective books. I personally like Perspective Made Easy by Earnest Norling and Perspective Drawing Handbook by Joseph D'Amelio. For animation in general, the Force line of books are pretty nifty:
    Force: Dynamic Life Drawing for Animators
    Force: Animal Drawing
    Force: Character Design from Life Drawing

If you're interested in learning how to sprite (and sprite animation), I have some lists of sites which I can share with you if that's what you're aiming for.

Default List 'em please!

If you're interested in learning how to sprite (and sprite animation), I have some lists of sites which I can share with you if that's what you're aiming for.
    I'd be interested in checking out your Sprite links if it isn't a big hassle to post them. Thanks.

Thank you so much for the information! I would very much like to see the sprite animation links.

Here they are:

Derek Yu's Pixel Tutorial
    Pixel Art Tutorials
    Kawaii Hannah
    The Pixel Zone
    Pixel Joint
    Mark's Pixel Art Tutorial
    Tsugumo Pixel Art Tutorial
    Drububu Pixel Art Tutorial - has a nice little intro on pixel art but you will have to pay for the rest :\
    How to Start with Pixel Art
    Pixel Art - very short tutorial but they have nice examples if you click on the links at the bottom
    I'll try to see if I can find the rest. :>

Not tutorials but pretty nifty non-the-less:
    City Creator - this is more of background-maker of sorts using a drag and drop method
    RPG Maker VX Resource - not sure if these are original or not so heads up
    Has Graphics - says free graphics for indie's but there's no mention about commercial use, fyi