Thread: An extremely simple physics game: Electric Potential Pong

Default An extremely simple physics game: Electric Potential Pong

Present demo is a proof-of-concept web game that works in all modern desktop HTML5 compatible browsers; tested in Chrome, Firefox, and IE9.

This plays like classic Pong, but the ball is influenced by the background potential: it is repelled from the blue and attracted to the red.

The potentials are just PNG images stored at www.dllu.net/pong/data2 and were randomly generated with a MATLAB script except Level 21.

Known bugs: The opponent sometimes goes crazy and disappears. I have no idea what causes that to happen but in the Java version it happens less often. The game may also suffer lag spikes on some computers, but again the Java version runs smoother. The source code is available so if anyone wants to look at it, I would appreciate it.

I might make a version for Android and iOS this summer, and possibly implement multiplayer and more interesting background potentials.
    Last edited by dllu; 03-18-2012 at 08:14 PM.

You are thirteen days too early with this announcement.
    Regards,
    Paul Johnson

[Great BIG War Game: iOS | Android] [Great Little War Game: iOS | Android] [Fruit Blitz: iOS | Android] [Yachty Deluxe: iOS | Android]

Quote Originally Posted by Applewood View Post
    You are thirteen days too early with this announcement.
    What do you mean?