Added Questlog and 3 Types of Quests (Kill, Explore, Transport)
Collect will be the next.
I like the overall of the game.
The character animations are fluid and it seems very good for a Action RPG, it seems you have most of it down.
I have problems with the UI, it does not fit the game, it seems less realistic when the game is clearly pointing to a more realistic approach.
I think that the UI should be fine if:
1. Change the font, check dafont for free ti use in commercial games fonts (not all of them are free, so check every license)
2. The bottom bar has some texture behind it, and the quest inventory and description has none, making a big contrast between them.
3. The health, magic and whatever bars are flat, make them more appealling by having a texture of sorts to add depth for them.
4. The sword icon, for me it meant an agressive context, maybe Im used to it in several games, but a sword means battle in my brain, change it when its not above an enemy.
5. Start you funding as soon as you have something playable and fun in order to gain some money for someone who knows about this stuff, I'm just rambling here...
BTW, where/how did you obtained/made the character animation I really liked it?
I agree with points 1-4. As i said most graphics are placeholders but thanks anyway for theese helpfull hints to improve them.
To point 5: It is already playable (and fun for at least me) but i wouldnt start to early with funding cause if people see a game which isnt worth funding at a state they often dont come back again to see the progress. Correct me if im wrong.
The character is from a bundle of ~15 which i had to buy.
Currently working on: Potions
- Customizeable Skillbar
- Spell Tooltip
Still searching for testers send me an E-Mail for the newest Client!
Had a little break but here are the updates:
- First Area of Effect Spell
- Particleengine and Effects for Spells and Potions
- Bug Fixes
- Performance Improvments
I like the style! about what I consider important in an rpg. my idea is that a complex and deep rpg, with many options, skills, long and detailed story. All commands explained, and all skills explained etc etc can really attract rpg lovers, even if the art part is not state of the art.
I prefer a detailed low cost rpg to a too much simple AAA rpg.