What an indie shouldn't miss at the GDC?
I'm planning, actually still evaluating, to go to Game Connection and the GDC this year.
I wonder what will I find there. Will it worth?
Basically it is a lot of money for me since I'm really far away, the exchange rate doesn't help and I'm not part of the wealthy top of the society.
Things that I'm almost sure I will find:
- Motivation (or disillusionment).
- Meet people I know only by internet (a pleasure but probably I could live without it).
- New perspectives of things (technical, organizational and economics).
- Maybe I can distinguish new trends.
- Maybe people who share the same interests to talk to (Is there any time to socialize?).
What shouldn't I miss on the GDC and GameConnection?
I have a small dev studio, mostly casual games PC, Mac, iOS & Android.
Anything else I should know?
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Pogacha; 01-17-2012 at 07:47 AM.
His wallet? Virginity?
All joking aside :-)
It is my first gdc, so are not in a position to advice,
But if it is anything like siggraph, the biggest thing you take away is bucketloads of enthusiasm, energy, inspiration and ideas.