Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: List of Portals

First of all, the line for Reflexive actually linked to Arcade Town so I changed that.

Second, rather than providsing direct link to the submit e-mail address, I think it would be better to link to the page that describes the portal's offerings for developers. These pages always have the e-mail link or submit form link but also have more information about what what details you should include when you submit, how the review process works, and what the terms of the distibution deal would be.
    James C. Smith - Producer/Lead Programmer - Costume Chaos, Build in Time, Ricochet Infinity, Big Kahuna Reef, CasualCharts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Thoughts? Anything missing I could add? Looks like a useful list?

No Input, No Output.
    A voting system for the members of the Private Discussion Forum

Quote Originally Posted by James C. Smith View Post
    First of all, the line for Reflexive actually linked to Arcade Town so I changed that.
    Oops. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James C. Smith View Post
    Second, rather than providsing direct link to the submit e-mail address, I think it would be better to link to the page that describes the portal's offerings for developers. These pages always have the e-mail link or submit form link but also have more information about what what details you should include when you submit, how the review process works, and what the terms of the distibution deal would be.
    When possible I do link to those pages. Oddly enough, there are many portals that do not have such a page(That I've found). Example: Arcade Town has a page all about if you have a java game. But for a download game? They just have a simple submit form - no extra information offered.

I'm slightly surprised that some of these portals don't have a page praising their own site and how wonderful it is, or the sites that kind of hide their submit/e-mail pages.

Quote Originally Posted by JoKa View Post
    A voting system for the members of the Private Discussion Forum
    A voting system for rating the portals?

A voting system for rating the portals?
    There are quite some differences in response times and developer's share, for example. Sometimes it's not worth to spend the time for reading the contract and preparing a special build. When it comes to publishers in general, payment (problems or not?) and market reach are interesting points.

There are quite some differences in response times and developer's share, for example. Sometimes it's not worth to spend the time for reading the contract and preparing a special build. When it comes to publishers in general, payment (problems or not?) and market reach are interesting points.
    Hmm... Publisher's response time, payments, Market reach and Advertising are all that stuff could certainly be a good thing to share.

But I'm not sure how much of the other stuff can actually be shared. Don't the agreements between portal and developer prohibit telling the percentages?

I also would never, ever, advise someone to not read ANY contract they're signing - in fact, the complete opposite. Make sure you know exactly what you're signing.

The feedback on portals - whatever can be shared - is certainly a good idea I will definitely look into. Thanks, Joka.

I also would never, ever, advise someone to not read ANY contract they're signing - in fact, the complete opposite. Make sure you know exactly what you're signing.
    Sure, but if you spend hours for the preparations, you do this to get some sales. Which means the game should be released at some day. Offering contracts, making devs spend time for preparations, but not even releasing a game - such a behaviour really sucks

Btw, I'm not talking of critical infos like developer share in real %-numbers, of course. Think about some kind of "Sympathy-Meter", based on something like school ratings.

Think about some kind of "Sympathy-Meter", based on something like school ratings.
    There are only few names than come up really often on these boards. People are more likely to talk about the portals they like. So, that's not too hard to find out about the most beloved portals.

JC

There are also many people who recommend portals although they never dealt with them. And who knows, maybe some smaller ones are really good, but overlooked easily? Many portals offer exclusive deals or even retail publishing, would be interesting to know if the devs were happy with these deals.

There are so many infos spread across the board, it's time-consuming to find and read all important posts. I guess beginners would love to find a list of potential partners along with recommendations by veterans. This would allow to search effectively for specific details.

Of course, such a list including non-portal publishers would be even more interesting, even for experienced devs.

Thumbs up

I am an affiliate of the following,

1)bigfishgames.com
    2)reflexive.com
    3)iwin.com
    4)playfirst.com
    5)alawar.com
    6)youdagames.com

iwin,alawar,playfirst & youdagames are also best!

does anyone know what happened to the trymedia contact page???.. it has been giving me 404 error for long time.. i dont know any other method to contact them..
    Cheers!
    David Montes de oca Segovia

Hi!
    Does anyone know about the situation with Trymedia? I have read that now it's a subsidiary of real networks.

Does it make sense to submit a game to this network if I already submited game to Real?

Thank you!
    Nikolay Anikevich
    www.FunnyBearStudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by anikoy View Post
    Does it make sense to submit a game to this network if I already submited game to Real?
    No need to submit to Trymedia! Real will release the game on their entire syndication network if it's accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualInsider View Post
    No need to submit to Trymedia! Real will release the game on their entire syndication network if it's accepted.
    Ok, thank you!
    Nikolay Anikevich
    www.FunnyBearStudio.com

Ah, I just wonder if anyone knows of any new portals or any updated ones that they might want to put here. The last was in oct 2009, its now march 2010. Just wondered

no need to submit to real
    you need to submit to GameHouse now instead.

> I just wonder if anyone knows of any new portals or any updated ones that they might want to put here.
    Well, it's probably the opposite, you want to remove some because they are gone or and merge with others.

JC

you'd have to remove reflexive now, i guess

Quote Originally Posted by RinkuHero View Post
    you'd have to remove reflexive now, i guess
    Amazon is going to be distributing games directly (from us) from now on, and probably going to get a whole lot more competitive too. If you have a game on Amazon then you probably got two e-mails about this yesterday.

How can I submit my games to Amazon? Is it possible, what's the link?

thanks

JC

Quote Originally Posted by jcottier View Post
    How can I submit my games to Amazon? Is it possible, what's the link?
    at the moment? submitgames@reflexive.com (or whatever they use)

and no, it's not a joke.

thanks, found some interesting sites which I was not aware of

www.mochigames.com for flash games submission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123