Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Titans Sales

Lightbulb Revenge of the Titans Sales

Revenge of the Titans 17 USD 199.91
    Revenge of the Titans for Linux 4 USD 48.40
    Revenge of the Titans for Mac OS X 17 USD 202.98

Windows and Mac are even, and Linux appears to have made something of a resurgence. That's 50 bucks right there we wouldn't have had if we'd not made it work on Linux.

Cas

How long has it been for sale?
    Mike Kasprzak | sykhronics entertainment | Blog | twitter | Ludum Dare
    Smiles + HD (It's on everything™, IGF finalist, won a car) | ??? (2013) | MORE: Book, PuffBOMB, Towlr
    Hey you what's up yo? Kickin' it oldskool style!

That's just this month's sales.

Cas

So $450 for 8-9 days? Not too shabby at all. Is your marketing strategy set up so it's long-term sustainable rate or more due to initial press releases, reviews, being featured, etc..? (I'm sure there's possible overlap either way, even an initial burst now can be repeated with later releases bringing your products back into the spotlight.)

I'd be content if my upcoming/first game netted a fraction of that if it was long-term sustainable income to build up with on later titles. Baby steps and all.

Red face

Only a year ago that amount for a new game release would have been a disaster for me. Now, isn't even too bad. Incredible how things changed in just 1 year...

Congrats!

I was wondering how a pre-release sale would fare. Been thinking about doing something similar with Dirk Dashing 2, but wasn't sure if people would be willing to buy an unfinished indie game for a discount and a promise of more content to come.

Last month was a different story That was about $8k. But it was heavily randomly skewed by RockPaperShotgun mentioning us. This is the "it's settled down to normal" traffic now - gradually dwindling to the usual flatline.

We're not sure about starting the banner ads, adsense, etc. yet as the game's not finished and won't be for another, hm, 3 months maybe. What say you?

Cas

How are those numbers doing compared to the number of downloads you've gotten?
    Squid In A Box - Independent Games Made Independently
    A Rob Hale Life - Personal Blog
    A Games Design Blog - Work Blog

I'll share full stats after 12 months and you can see how it all went Don't forget to remind me.

I have no real idea what the true conversion rate is because I don't really know how many downloads we've had! I suspect it's good though.

Cas

Those are great results! Thanks for sharing.
    Peter Young | www.attitudegain.com | Linkedin | Twitter

Projects:
    Meridian 59: Evolution
    ???
    ???

Those numbers seem rather good for a downloadable hardcore PC game not sold on portals. I hope it will go on rising.
    Thanks for sharing.
    JovianBlue video games blog

Quote Originally Posted by cyodine View Post
    So $450 for 8-9 days? Not too shabby at all.
    I clearly have the wrong outlook here!

Last month was a different story. That was about $8k
    Bit more like it, nice one. Is that a typical, exceptional or ridiculous month?
    Regards,
    Paul Johnson

[Great BIG War Game: iOS | Android] [Great Little War Game: iOS | Android] [Fruit Blitz: iOS | Android] [Yachty Deluxe: iOS | Android]

This is pretty useful information. I hope you keep up with the progress reports and I look forward to seeing the full sales report upon release. My game is similar in scope to yours so seeing sales figures gives me a good idea of what I can expect to make.
    Jorge "Vino" Rodriguez
    Digitanks | SMAK

Ouch. Let's hope it does better when it's finished, it's a great game so far.

A really great game!One of my top indie games this year!Well done!
    Greetings
    Jesse Klugmann - Student and Junior Game Developer(Hobby) jesse@thoriumware.com
    Current Projects: FooFX(Graphics Engine), Charybdis(JS-Game Framework), PlayTheCity, Some Game-Prototypes

$8k is a complete aberration. We've only managed that once ever before, with Titan Attacks. Unlikely to happen again I should think, too, for quite some time.

Cas

Yshaana

are those sales only preorders?

I will be honest with you, I expected more, having seen a preview on Destructoid and other sites... how long ago did you start promotion ?

Yeah, just preorders. In the Puppygames time-honoured tradition, we've done bugger all promotion*

Cas

* This is why we fail

Thought about making a deal with steam for your older titles?

Yes; they weren't interested. They might change their minds though.

Cas

Pretty sure its because they don't know about it. You'd need to be a fairly silly hairy publisher wearing lipstick to turn your games down.

Tell that to Mike Dunkle @ Valve He rejected them all. Except Gravitron 2. Which wasn't ours.

Cas

Dunk's a great guy, but the first thing he's going to tell you is that the game needs to be popular before they consider it for Steam. Not that the puppygames stuff isn't popular, but I don't think it's as popular as they want.

The other way to do it is to find a publisher that already has a good relationship with Valve and puts all of their games on Steam, like Meridian 5.
    Jorge "Vino" Rodriguez
    Digitanks | SMAK

I suspect all of our games were at least 10x as popular as Gravitron 2 though...

Cas

What I'm more interested in is why you decided to price your beta at half price.
    Is it because you don't have enough capital to sustain yourselves during development?

Does your past sales data show that you should put it at half price?

Should I do that beta half-price thing!?

wow...to get any sales at all for something that isn't available, and indie at that, is very good. Well done! I would expect sales to climb once the game is readily available and word of mouth starts to spread.

Well, it is readily available... just not finished

Cas

Yeah, I'm only relating what Dunkle told me when I talked to him on numerous occasions. I can't explain how Gravitron 2 got there, maybe Ron performed various sexual favors for nameless Valve employees.

At least I think his name is Ron. Is Ron on these forums? I hope not :P Aren't we all glad we're using this real-name policy now?
    Jorge "Vino" Rodriguez
    Digitanks | SMAK

Yshaana

I would actually be very interested to know more about the steam/indie relationship. Do they have specific does and don't in regards to whom they accept on their platform, or is it a case to case basis?

I have delt with publishers in the past, but never with retailers/distributors. I would have thought that Valve would accept any game that rates high/looks good, I don't see how they would be loosing money since it is all digital... I do understand that they want to keep steam clutter free, but still, they seem as harsh as MS and Sony.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast