I will start building my website (again) but i don't want to build a website from scratch and im not sure if i want a static or dynamic webpage. I have some question about the website to show (and hopefully) sell a product:
1) is it needing a shopping cart?. In my opinion i dislike the shopping cart and for software is unlike to a customer want to buy more that one product at once.
2) is it positive to allow a public feedback about a product? (comments, ranking and such).
3) Which cms can you recommend me? (if was a dynamic webpage).
4) Is it correct to show and maintenance a wip blog?. I saw several game developer with a wip blog.
5) is it incompatible to try to sell by yourself a product and, at the same time,sell it in a portal?.
6) Other tip?
My idea for my website is to show some products (that currently i am working), some screenshot, features,update and demo files, compatibilities and other information, and finally a buy button to the merchant.
thats my question too ?
Originally Posted by magallanes
can we release our game and after some weeks send the game to portals ?? can we announce a day for release game from portals and start sell from our website ??
3. I'd choose a CMS based on whatever language you like best. There seem to be a few good ones for most popular languages. I use Python so build most of my sites out of Zope (will probably switch to Django in the future).
5. Most portals will allow you to sell on your own as well. One thing to note is that in the current climate giving Portal A a limited exclusive deal might make it difficult/impossible to get your game onto competing Portal B after the exclusive timeframe ends.