Thread: Reflexive's GameCenterSolution

Default Reflexive's GameCenterSolution

Okay I could have posted this thread at the Reflexive forums but I couldn't bother to open an account yet on another forum as I already have too much of these. So Reflexive people please pardon me. Anyway my request may be of interest to other affiliates frequenting this boards.

What about the ability to list the customer's country (or IP address) in the reports available to us affiliates? I remember writing to the affiliate support about that matter. I was told to use a custom report and that one of the drop down list should have IP address in there. But this just isn't true, unless I'm missing something?
    OliverPearl.com - My Shapes iOS - CrazyCrab iOS - Bonbon Quest
    Social - #OliverPearl - FB - YT - Blog

No IP address here. No country either.

If you're missing something, then I'm missing it as well.
    Dr Mal: Practice of Horror PC | Mac
    Crime Solitaire PC | Mac | iOS
    Magicville: Art of Magic PC | Mac
    Desktop Gaming Ltd | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

I think that the person who responded to me thought it was there, but it isn't. Or maybe this option is available to Reflexive staff only.

Anyway I think that this information could be useful to us affiliates. Personnaly I'd really need to know the country/IP of each of my customer's so I can add their email address to the relevant list of subscribers. This is because I'm running two newsletters, one in french and the other in english.
    Such info could certainly be used for other useful purposes too.
    Last edited by Olivier; 11-09-2007 at 04:57 AM.

I would also love to get a customer's IP in the orders XML feed.

That would allow me to connect purchases with the usage activity I record for my site, and see how the paying customers use my site.
    Sock Dash - online games portal | Game Socks - downloadable games portal | My Games

And I would like if a 'Other games' (after you install the game) redirect to my site directly, instead of gamecenter site.

Also, it would be good if 'Order by mail' form include affiliate code, I don't think affiliates are now credite if ordered by mail.

Quote Originally Posted by neo71 View Post
    And I would like if a 'Other games' (after you install the game) redirect to my site directly, instead of gamecenter site.
    It already does, just type in your url in Control panel.

Quote Originally Posted by OliverPearl
    I think that the person who responded to me thought it was there, but it isn't. Or maybe this option is available to Reflexive staff only.
    Yes, it is a reflexive staff only option on the "Affiliate Sales History" type of report - I don't know the rationale for limiting it in that way. I'll see what I can figure out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Maupin
    I would also love to get a customer's IP in the orders XML feed.
    If we make it available in the report, we will make it available there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OliverPearl
    Personnaly I'd really need to know the country/IP of each of my customer's
    We actually can't know it for every customer - Mail order is the more obvious exception, but last I checked paypal didn't provide a way for us to get IP address for paypal orders either.

I assume it's still useful to you guys even if it is unavailable for 15% or so of sales?

Quote Originally Posted by neo71 View Post
    We would love it if all affiliates made use of the branding options that exist for things like this under the "Sales Tools" tab - the place Spaiz mentioned for the arcade url is "Channel URL" on the channel details page here:
    https://cc.gamecentersolution.com/in...age=SalesTools

Also, it would be good if 'Order by mail' form include affiliate code, I don't think affiliates are now credite if ordered by mail.
    If you look at the printable mail order form, you will see that the ProductID for the game is already burned in. The ProductID has the ChannelID for the affiliate embedded in it. So provided the customer uses the form, the sale will be done on that productID which means the Affiliate will get credit. As far as I know, we get a proper form in the vast majority of mail orders.

Thank you for all your answers Thorbrian. You're right, it doesn't really matter if the IP address of PayPal customers isn't available, as long as we can get it for all the other customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaiz View Post
    It already does, just type in your url in Control panel.
    I have my site URL in control panel/affiliate details, but that doesn't work. Where else I can enter my site url?

Ignore this, I just find it Great
    Last edited by neo71; 11-12-2007 at 04:34 AM.

We enabled IP address for all affiliate users in the Affiliate Sales History report, and added ip address to the order xml feed.

If the sale was one where ip address was not available, we return ... (think the 3 dots in the dotted decimal, with no numbers) so when processing the data you should treat ... appropriately for your purposes as a "no data" case.

Paypal orders currently come across as the no data three dots - but we think we might be able to get ip address as a passthrough field (i.e. you'd get the ipaddress of the person who we gave a paypal link to), but I can't say when or if we might put that in.

Thanks! This will be really helpful in revealing how paying customers use my site.

I didn't see ... in the XML feed (not that it matters). Looks like the feed uses an empty element <IPAddress></IPAddress> in the case of Paypal purchase orders.
    Sock Dash - online games portal | Game Socks - downloadable games portal | My Games

Quote Originally Posted by Maupin View Post
    I didn't see ... in the XML feed (not that it matters). Looks like the feed uses an empty element
    Ah - you are right. Seems better, actually... So that's what the xml feed does then Only the report does the dots.

I spent the last few hours figuring out how to get country from ip. If anyone is looking for how to do it I found this helpful http://meshier.com/2007/04/21/blocki...ing-php-mysql/ Turns out 95% of my orders that have an ip address are from the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbrian View Post
    We enabled IP address for all affiliate users in the Affiliate Sales History report, and added ip address to the order xml feed.
    That's a great addition Thorbrian. Thanks to you and to the Reflexive staff. Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to display customer's IP in the Affiliate Sales History report. In 'Data Columns' I can see the following fields: Affiliate, Amount, Channel, Discount %, Discount Amount, Discount Code, Email, Game, Gift, Newsletter, Order Date/Time, Order ID, Payment Method and Total Amount. Maybe I'm just missing something?
    Last edited by Olivier; 11-13-2007 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OliverPearl.com View Post
    Maybe I'm just missing something?
    Sadly you were not - should be there now, though. My bad.

With respect to mapping ip to country, we use maxmind's database:
    http://www.maxmind.com/app/geolitecountry

It's there now. Thanks a lot! Hopefully you'll be able to list IPs of PayPal customers too in the future because I have a lot of those (~ 30%).