It's something I've been mulling over. Whether you sell 1 game a month or 30 games a day, few of us have reached total market saturation. I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum has the theoretical possibility of their sales doubling this year.
What's stopping you?
I think some likely factors could be:
- 1-lack of market awareness of your product
- 2-inferior overall game quality
- 3-too much competition in your area
- 4-lack of polish in your games
- 5-low game prices
- 7-lack of business connections
- 8-games released too infrequently
- 9-spending too much on a game in relation to its earnings
I think about this stuff a lot. I suspect my chief limits right no are 1) and 4) with a bit of 2) in there as well. I suspect everyone here will reach a different conclusion, which I'd be interested to see. Also, what else am I missing? is there some big obvious limit to sales that I'm just not seeing?