We are doing 5 (or 6?) games in a year... Should I get 5 wifes to follow by your recommendations Yossarian? And what about another team members - should they follow by them as well?..
Hell. It would be costy...
This is a new technique that I've recently developed and mastered, and that works wonders. I highly suggest it for all of those finding it hard to make time to actually "work" on second projects at home.
I call this method Conception Motivation. Here is how it works:
- Have some potentially good game ideas floating around, and get a good idea of what you need to do to build them.
- Impregnate your wife.
- Review your bills and debts.
- Realize that at your current level of Mt Dew and Twinkie consumption that you could never possibly afford a stay at home wife AND a kid to feed and clothe.
- Listen to your wife explain to you the benefits of being a used car salesman on the weekends so that you can start a college fund.
- Convince her that a more reasonable approach would be to try the indie gaming route during her pregnancy in hopes of generating a second cashflow after the arrival of your new bundle of joy.
- Listen to 9 long months of complaining while you build and test your game. This is actually useful, as you know the only way to keep her quiet is to actually make something good that sells.
- Finish your game, or at least have it almost ready before the baby's due date. This is vital, as you will never have another quiet moment to code in your entire life.
- Put your game out there and beg people to play it. Tell them it for your new kids future, and that failure to play it will lead to yet another delinquent and poverty stricken youth on the streets of their town.
- Slowly go crazy.
Follow this closely and YOU TOO could be the next super successful indie!
* Disclaimer: In case the significant other reads this, I'm only kidding, oh light of my life.
brides.ruOriginally Posted by Andy
(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.)
5 more weeks until I have my 3rd Bundle of joy.... Guess katsu will have to be finished!
a prisoner of the cause
The other option is to convince your wife that it's better if YOU stay home and take care of the kid while she goes out and works. Then you can do your gamedev at night
I guess you guys are thinking to much in short-term!!
Yeah, sure, you could be the next big thing in Indie development (and a father) for a while, but wait after your fifth project, having to pay for College/School/Diapers. That's what I call Bankrupcy!!
Jeek Labs employee