View Full Version : Spellunker - Ace's Aztec Adventure available now
10-22-2004, 11:43 AM
We've just released our latest game. It's called "Spellunker - Ace's Aztec Adventure". Spellunker is a word game combined with adventure elements. If you'd like to check it out, here's a link:
I'd love to hear feedback (but man, I'm sick of working on this game! LOL...)
I'm not sure many of you will like this type of game (I guess, if you like Bookworm, you'll probably like Spellunker) but heck, it's just fun to tell you guys about our games...
By the way, YES, I am aware of our really crappy website design.. We're currently working on it right now to make it something reasonable... LOL...
10-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Spellunker.. hmm that name reminds me of some old game i used to play on the C64 (atleast i think i was on the C64)..
Anyway, I'm not really into these sort of wordgames, but I tried this for a little while and it look like a good game (if you like these kind of games that is).
But i noticed that there is no way to exit from the tutorial level (I might be wrong about this, but I could not find a way). I think that it would be good if you created a possibility for the player to exit from the tutorial level.
10-22-2004, 07:36 PM
I downloaded and played the game and thought it was fun! You might try interspersing not just treasure levels but "challenge" levels where there is a set of letters perhaps already laid out and one "path" to choosing words from them that leads to the exit, or some type of level where there is a really long word combination that if the find it gives them mega points, a word as long as "photosynthesis" or something like that.
Best moment: A block was about to fall and crush my head and in a desperate move I tried to spell the word "hod" and it turns out that is a word! I was saved. :)
10-23-2004, 02:52 AM
I already installed the game as Real Games Beta. I didn't played it, I only looked at tutorial. Unability to do anything when tutorial was playing was so annoying that I quit and didn't come back. But I can say that it looks like a really nice game!
10-23-2004, 11:13 AM
Excellent game, pretty addictive :)
42090 , level 13 for my first game
10-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Hey thanks for the feedback...
Incidentally, about the "forced tutorial" - that was something that Real Arcade TOLD me to put in..
(I originally had it so it just showed the help/instruction screens at the beginning, but they said that wasn't enough. Then I had the tutorial show, but you could just "click" to skip it.. They said that wasn't enough either... They said I needed to force people to view it at least once, so <shrug> that's what I had to do...)
Not my idea... :\
BUT, you *can* get around it several ways:
1) You can turn it off in the "options" menu. (From the Main Menu click on "Options" - then uncheck "Show tutorial".. Then the tutorial will be skipped completely from then on.. (this setting is saved when you quit the game, so you won't have to uncheck it each time..)
2) The tutorial is only "non-skippable" the first time the user starts a game session. After you view it once, then you can skip it by clicking the mouse button every time it starts after that.
3) Once you pass level 5, you can then start playing on Intermediate difficulty (Explorer level). This difficulty (and expert level) do not include the tutorial...
10-25-2004, 02:01 PM
I made some changes which will hopefully address some of the complaints (a new version is up at the same location: http://www.xenopi.com/Downloads/SpellunkerSetup.exe)
This is version 1.51, and it has the following changes:
1) Tutorial mode is now skippable by pressing the "S" key.
2) All difficulty settings start the game at level 1 (previously, intermediate would start the game at level 6, and expert would start at level 11).
3) Made the difficulty ramp up a bit more slowly..
4) fixed a little graphical error in one of Ace's animations (celebration dance).
Anyone have any complaints/comments, please post 'em! MUCHO GRACIAS!
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.1.3 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.