PDA

View Full Version : Full Versions - Everone gets the same?

dxgame
04-03-2006, 07:02 AM
I'm considering using a seperate trial/full version for my next game and I was wondering for those that deliver full versions, do you deliver the same full version to every customer or do you still id the file some how?

On a related note, trial/full versions seem to make more sense to avoid the serial numbers/reg codes, etc, etc. Is there any drawbacks to going with a trial download/full version download delivery? (affiliates, portals, etc) ? ?

Thanks.

dxgame
04-04-2006, 05:06 AM
Over 100 views and no reply? No one delivers full versions? :eek:

BitBoy
04-04-2006, 05:31 AM
I deliver the same full version file to all my cusomers. This means that once you have that full version you are free to install it on as many computers as you like. I believe that if you have purchased my game you should be free to use it in whatever way you like. The obvious drawback is of course that it's easy to give the full version of the game to friends and possibly also spread it on the internet. I haven't found my game warez yet though! :rolleyes:

dxgame
04-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the reply. I like the idea of being able to distribute one file for all registered users. Makes my life much easier. :)

lennard
04-04-2006, 07:15 PM
I have always delivered seperate trial and full versions. Can't say that I've had any negative repercussions from doing things this way.

dmikesell
04-06-2006, 04:16 AM
Ditto this. I read somewhere that Warez sites are less likely to host a several MB full version of a game - too much bandwidth/disk. Host reg keys is much easier.