PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Request: website - www.bluecowgames.com

Blue Cow Games
04-07-2008, 05:34 AM
Hi, I would appreciate any feedback on my website http://www.bluecowgames.com/

I intend to make downloadable kids games but at the moment the games are online flash versions.

This is my first post although I have been a lurker here for sometime and value the advice given.

Thanks

GeneralGrant
04-07-2008, 05:47 AM
The light blue background color makes my eyes bleed (itís too much background space for the color to be comfortable in 1920x1200).

barrygamer
04-07-2008, 05:50 AM
looks like very nice work. (I dont have kids myself to test on!).
Could be a good niche to work in, though I suppose you can't slap ads over it like the normal flash game sites these days.

RinkuHero
04-07-2008, 05:51 AM
Ditto; reduce that blue's saturation (i.e. make it more grey) and it'll look much better. It's almost completely saturated, perhaps even 100% saturated, and one of the big rules of color composition is to make the background less saturated than the foreground.

In the "about" page the little girl looks like she can't even see the computer, I know you can't exactly just change that easily but hopefully eventually replace it with a picture where a child is at eye level with a computer rather than like a foot lower, since right now it gives the impression that she can hardly reach it.

It also would do well to have a screenshots page and a reviews page (if the games have been reviewed yet) and perhaps even a forum. I'd also give each game its own page with further information about the game, because right now you don't get a very good idea of what the games are like just from the sentence or two you have per game.

barrygamer
04-07-2008, 06:00 AM
v small point: the sound of the chick is more like a chicken sound, but it looks like a small chick to me!

Blue Cow Games
04-07-2008, 07:03 AM
Cool, I've changed the background colour.

Cartman
04-07-2008, 08:37 AM
I'm not crazy about the background. And I looked at it after you changed it. I also agree that there seems to bee too much space on the edges. I also think there needs to be more of a contrast between the cow image and the "Blue Cow Games" title.

Overall however, I think it's pretty good.

rioka
04-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Under Games, you should make the title of the games bigger. Right now I pass over them and go straight to reading "PLAY NOW!" instead. You should make it bigger and put some color on it.

Btw, it's a children's site. Don't be afraid of putting more color in there or putting some animated gifs here and there - just don't overdo it.

Otherwise... Cute cow! :3

VinceA
04-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Overall I like the site with the new colour. But a small thing; I thing that the jig you pick up should be on top, (drawn last) Or Iím just neurotic!;)
Nice to see some kids games!

Blue Cow Games
04-08-2008, 05:19 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I'll do some updates this weekend.

jankoM
04-09-2008, 07:04 AM
I think the website is nice, the background color doesn't disturb me. I read somewhere that kids better react to colors that seem too-saturated to adults. I like the activities very much. They have nice kid feel. I would maybe only make some more positive effect when you make a pair in the first Memory match activity.

Spore Man
04-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Reminds me of 1996.
Memmmmorieeees!

fog4711
04-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Seems to me you're on the right track with the blue cow :) I think the concept of a blue cow is "absurd" enough to be easily remembered. The games workes fine and surely there are some people out there who will appreciate them.
I assume your only problems will be to reach the potential customers and convince them to pay ;)

-----------------------------
MaxD (http://www.jonax.se/envc.php)

xtBones
04-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Looks great!!!

You could make the Play Now link a blue beveled button instead of text.

Inspires me to get my own games website up and running. :p