PDA

View Full Version : I want to host your game demos

FetaBoy
11-30-2007, 08:06 AM
I知 in the process of creating a new site:

http://www.justgamedemos.com

I would like host your game demos (up to 50MB) and provide you with free bandwidth (up to 100 downloads).

My site is still in a beta phase and I知 looking for authors to upload their demos to get it going. Simply register for a free account and upload away. Check out the Author FAQ if you have any questions. Demos will be subject to review before being posted to the live site.

After creating your account, you will be provided with a personalized login page to track your downloads, comments, and user ratings on the demos you致e uploaded.

If you don't feel like setting things up yourself, I'll even do the work for you. Simply send me an email (use the contact us link on the website) and point me to your demo. I will upload the executable, screenshots and descriptions for you and send you your login information to track your demo statistics.

I have most of the functionality working at this point and am adding features daily. I知 also currently working on the cosmetics of the site. In the mean time, I figured now is a good time to reach out to authors to get things going.

Once I have a sufficient amount of demos, I will begin marketing to the general population.

Thank you for your time.

FetaBoy
11-30-2007, 08:18 AM
I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. I meant to post it in announcements. I apologize. Since the post is here, I would like to receive feedback on the site so that I can make improvements.

As an indie game author, assuming your game sells for $20, would you be willing to pay .05 everytime someone downloads your demo? That would work out to a .25% conversion ratio to break even (I would not take a cut of downloads that convert to sales).

This is the pricing model I plan to use on my new site. I've thought it over, and to me it made sense because if was going to pay for advertising or whatnot, I'd rather pay when someone downloads my demo than when someone clicks on an ad to go to my website.

I'm about halfway through with development on my first game and plan to release it next Spring, which is when this idea came to my mind.