PDA

View Full Version : Sport Game

lelik
11-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Hi,
I'm working on a game that includes a number of features listed below and uses a small (20 inches high) punching speed bag. As it might be a bit out of main realm of the majority of computer games I'd very much appreciate your feedback about whether or not the idea of this game makes sense. In nutshell, the game assumes that you have your punching bag connected to your PC. Information about punches is converted to close-to-realistic behavior of a 3D animated character rendered in the game. The character takes punches in its face and body, makes sounds, exclaims different sorts of phrases. The game uses 3D and physics gaming engines and can run in standalone, network, coach modes. Currently, the character is very simple (refer to the attached screen shot) as the game is in its very early stage of development. I created a short survey to collect your feedback available at this link (http://columbia.qualtrics.com/SE?SID=SV_8tYYGaTYuAAoQWo&SVID=Prod). The survey will only take 5-10 minutes of your time. In either form (either through the survey or in this forum thread) I would very much appreciate your input regarding the game, how compelling its features are, and what else can be added to the game to make it more interesting.
Thanks a lot.

Spore Man
11-22-2007, 12:44 PM
As I game, I'd say not very appealing. But sold as an excercise program (like how they marketed Brain Age, the fitness part of Wii Sports, and upcoming Wii Fit) perhaps I'd be more interested.

I wouldn't want it for PC though. I'd want it as one of those plug n play TV things, or as a peripheral for a game console.