PDA

View Full Version : Crime City [BETA]

immersionfx
11-21-2007, 10:05 AM
I am looking for feedback for the new game I am developing, called CrimeCity, currently in beta version.

The game will be published by Games2Gaze publishing company.

It's a casual-type of game, I guess it belongs to the RTS genre. You control police cars in an urban city setting and try to block the escape routes of various criminals that roam around the city.

The levels are unlimited and of increasing difficulty.
I also plan to include an online Hall of Fame.
Be sure to check the ingame Help (Tutorial) before playing.

Download link (45 mb) (http://games.tetrahedron.gr/crimecity/download.php)

Thanks.

Game Producer
11-21-2007, 10:26 AM
No time to test this right now... but looks nice.

City looks bit silent (where are the other cars?) - but nice :)

immersionfx
03-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Hey, my game is almost ready.

If you guys would like to give it a go, I'd really appreciate an expert (or less expert) opinion on the following questions:

1. Is this game 'casual' enough?
2. Would the big portals be interested in such a type of game?
3. Is the size of the demo (45MB) a negative factor for casual players?
4. If it is not visually pleasing, what did I do wrong?

For more details, visit http://www.crimecitythegame.com
Please download from here: http://games.tetrahedron.gr/crimecity/download.php

stanchat
03-06-2008, 11:31 AM
I played the game for 20 minutes and here is my feedback:

The Good First:

Music has a real action/police type feel and is supenseful.
The overall concept has a casual game feel to it, however the early maps seems a bit large at first and makes it hard to manage the city properly. You may want to consider makig the early maps smaller in scope and then increasing as you progress in the game.

Other observations:

The UI is not standard. For instance on the Player info screen you have a textbox for name and country but you do not have an OK button or Cancel Button. The only way to proceed is to hit the enter key. This is in other places in the UI also.
The textures are very jagged and not smooth at all. Aesthetically this looks bad.
Inconsistent graphics style. The game appears to use some sort of 3D enigine and it appears that you are using 3d models. However the cops on the main menu screen appear to be handdrawn and clash with the rest of the 3d look and feel.
The game appears to move slow. Slow in the fact that you are waiting for something to happen so it feels slow. Like that old joke watching the grass grow is how it felt. Just my perception though.

The big thing you need to do is work on the graphics some more and clean up any loose ends. Also beside adding more cars at higher levels I'm not sure what the challenge is as you progress. It could be the early levels do not make me feel like I should stick around and find out.

Cartman
03-06-2008, 12:06 PM
You're bandwidth has been exceeded, so I can't download the game. Hope you get if fixed soon.

immersionfx
03-08-2008, 01:00 AM
The site is up again.

Thank you for your observations so far. We have a huge traffic on our site right now but I'm still not sure if players stay on the game or just play once and let go.

Which online casual publisher do you think would be interested in this type of game? I mean is there a future for 3D casual games or will it just be hidden object puzzle games all around?